|By Marketwired .||
|November 22, 2012 01:00 PM EST||
LONDON, ENGLAND -- (Marketwire) -- 11/22/12 --
Editors Note: There is a photo associated with this press release.
The Kaplan Times was launched by teacher Sadie Dickman as a fun and innovative way for students to practice their English learning through the writing of articles during class time at the language school in the USA.
What started as an idea for a lesson plan became so popular that it was expanded into a monthly four-page newspaper featuring restaurant reviews, stories about Portland events and advice for new students.
Anyone can participate in The Kaplan Times and contributors are encouraged to write about anything they are interested in. The Times published a recent "literature edition", which was full of student fiction.
"Everyone at the college takes a newspaper when they come out, and the writers are really proud to have their by-lines in the paper! I am so, so proud. The students work so well together, and I get such creative and intelligent articles," said Sadie Dickman.
Kaplan Portland, which expanded earlier this year, offers a range of courses, from Vacation and General English courses to more specialized academic programs that are designed to allow students to structure their ideal learning holiday in the USA.
About Kaplan International Colleges
Kaplan International Colleges is part of Kaplan, Inc., an international education services provider offering higher education, professional training, and test preparation. Kaplan is a subsidiary of The Washington Post Company (NYSE:WPO). http://www.kaplaninternational.com
To view the photo associated with this press release, please visit the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20121122-portland1.jpg.
Kaplan International Colleges
+44 20 7045 5126
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks