|By PR Newswire||
|November 22, 2012 11:31 AM EST||
LONDON, November 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Thanksgiving is fast approaching and there's no better way of enjoying the holiday period than on a US break! Relax, unwind and celebrate American heritage in style.
Thanksgiving is a long standing American tradition and the celebration, which this year is on November 22, often spills over into the weekend or a full-length holiday.
Despite its roots in the USA, Thanksgiving is also celebrated in Canada, Puerto Rico, Liberia and Norfolk Island.
Here are a few ways you could celebrate Thanksgiving:
Take advantage of the gorgeous November weather and eat outside. Skip the traditional indoor gathering and opt for barbecue turkey on the grill. Or maybe enjoy a boat trip and eat on the open waters. Alternatively, have a low-key picnic on the beach for a cosy, romantic meal. If you do decide to go out to a restaurant, be sure to book in advance.
One of the biggest shopping days of the year - the Friday after Thanksgiving - sees malls mobbed by people looking to snag a deal, similar to the scenes seen in the UK on Boxing Day and New Year's Day. Be prepared to make your way into the stores so you can claim bragging rights for bagging the best bargain - you might even be interviewed by television reporters!
Head to Orlando
Cheap holidays to Florida are in high demand all year round as the region offers some of the best theme parks in the world.
Thanksgiving Day is no different, so if you're on a family break, head down to Disney World and get involved in the celebrations. For example, you could visit the Disney Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando and watch the annual baseball event.
There's also the Disney Magic Kingdom Thanksgiving Day parade which features all-star cheerleaders and dance teams from across the country. This is a hugely popular event and really attracts the crowds so head down there early!
Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade at Universal Studios is another fantastic display of one-of-a-kind floats and balloons, which should not be missed.
The fun parade uses actual floats from the renowned New York City Macy's parade.
With all that standing around and enjoying parades, why not relax on a Disney Cruise Line. You could enjoy a Thanksgiving dinner served on a boat and enjoy a Florida sunset.
But remember Florida holidays can be fun for all the family all year round. Direct Holidays has a range of cheap Florida holidays on offer; so if you're looking for holiday deals to the USA, look no further.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London