|By Marketwired .||
|November 22, 2012 10:30 AM EST||
OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 11/22/12 --
WHO: The Gairdner Foundation Genome Canada State-of-the-Science Event WHAT: Genomics: the Power and the Promise WHEN: November 27-28, 2012 WHERE: Ottawa Convention Centre Ottawa Salon, Room 214 Media Centre, Room 212 55 Colonel By Drive Ottawa, Ontario WHY: A once-in-a-decade gathering of some of the greatest minds and most influential people to mark the accomplishments and advancements of genome sciences in Canada and around the world. This is a rare opportunity to hear and interact with the 'thought leaders' in the genome sciences and innovation. Our lineup of prominent speakers includes: -- Eric Lander, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard Medical School (USA) -- Svante Paabo, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology (Germany) -- Michel Georges, Universite de Liege (Belgium) -- Tom Hudson, Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (Canada) -- Peter Langridge, University of Adelaide (Australia)
The Gairdner Foundation was created in 1957 to recognize the achievements of medical researchers whose work contributes significantly to improving the quality of human life. Since the first awards were made in 1959, the Gairdner Awards have become Canada's foremost international award. They hold up the pinnacle of achievement as a mirror to Canadians, and in so doing, play a role in helping Canada achieve its goals of excellence.
Genome Canada is a catalyst for developing and applying genomic sciences that create economic wealth and social benefit for Canadians. We work in partnership to invest in and manage large-scale research and translate discoveries into commercial opportunities, new technologies, applications and solutions. We build bridges between government, academia and industry to forge a genomics-based public-private innovation enterprise focused on key life science sectors of the economy.
Director, Media and Communications
613-751-4460 x 219
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher