|By PR Newswire||
|November 22, 2012 09:01 AM EST||
OTTAWA, Nov. 22, 2012 /CNW/ - On the heels of announcing record revenues and its fourth highest ever net income earlier this year, the Royal Canadian Mint's 2011 annual report is the recipient of the Award of Excellence for Corporate Reporting for small federal Crown Corporations by the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA). The Corporate Reporting Awards, which are the most prestigious and coveted national awards for corporate reporting, were held last evening in Toronto.
"The Mint strives to improve our corporate reporting and disclosures on an annual basis and we are honoured to have been recognized by CICA, an organization who is dedicated to enhancing the quality of reporting in Canada," said Ian E. Bennett, President and CEO of the Royal Canadian Mint. "This award further encourages the Mint to continue to develop best practices in corporate governance as we work towards our vision to be the best Mint in the world."
For more than sixty years, the Corporate Reporting Awards have recognized the best reporting models in the country. They encourage organizations to strive to be the best by learning about best practices and demonstrating leadership. To learn more about CICA and the Corporate Reporting Awards, please visit www.cica.ca.
The Mint's 2011 Annual Report, entitled "From Main Street to Bay Street and Beyond", can be viewed by visiting www.mint.ca.
About the Royal Canadian Mint
The Royal Canadian Mint is the Crown Corporation responsible for the minting and distribution of Canada's circulation coins. An ISO 9001-2008 certified company, the Mint is recognized as one of the largest and most versatile mints in the world, offering a wide range of specialized, high quality coinage products and related services on an international scale. For more information on the Mint's history, its products and services, please visit www.mint.ca.
SOURCE Royal Canadian Mint
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks