|By PR Newswire||
|November 22, 2012 09:01 AM EST||
Unveils seasonal recipes made with Sun-Maid's iconic Raisin Cinnamon Swirl Bread
TORONTO, Nov. 22, 2012 /CNW/ - As part of its centennial celebration, Sun-Maid is releasing two festive recipes that Canadian families can enjoy over the holidays. The recipes - Cinnamon Raisin Bread Apple Cupcakes and Banana French Toast Bake, commemorate 10 decades of premium products and are made with Sun-Maid Raisin Cinnamon Swirl Bread.
"Sun-Maid Raisin Bread is unique because it's delicious toasted on its own and can also be used as a versatile recipe ingredient," says Chef Bob Villeneuve, Director of Culinary Innovation at Canada Bread. "The new Cinnamon Raisin Bread Apple Cupcakes are a fun twist on classic cupcakes and the Banana French Toast Bake is the perfect dish for a holiday brunch."
The celebration continues:
- Canadians can learn how to make Cinnamon Raisin Bread Apple Cupcakes with Chef Bob Villeneuve's recipe video available at www.sunmaid.ca.
- On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 9 p.m. EST, award winning writer, television personality and mom of four, Kathy Buckworth, will host a Twitter Party for Canadian moms to celebrate the anniversary. Follow #SunMaid100 for more information.
- Canadians can share in a century's worth of memories with Sun-Maid's 100th Anniversary book, Sun-Maid: Raisins & Dried Fruits, Serving the World Since 1912. Available for free download at www.sunmaid.ca, this commemorative book shares the company's success, journey and recipes.
Sun-Maid Raisin Cinnamon Swirl Bread
In the early 1900s, Sun-Maid used raisin bread to introduce people to California raisins, providing ingredients and recipes to bakers and grocers. Today Sun-Maid continues to inspire by sharing age old favourites and new gourmet creations. For more recipes including Sun-Maid's first ever French toast recipe - Banana French Toast Bake, visit www.sunmaid.ca.
Founded in 1912, Sun-Maid Growers of California is a farmers' cooperative owned by nearly 1,000 family farmers whose vineyards comprise approximately 50,000 acres in California's Central Valley. Headquartered in Kingsburg, California, Sun-Maid's facilities are centrally located in the heart of the world's largest raisin producing area, featuring long, dry summers optimal for grape production and natural sun-drying of grapes into raisins. Sun-Maid is the leading consumer brand of raisins and dried fruits in the United States and distributes products to more than 60 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit www.sunmaid.ca.
Video with caption: "Video: Sun-Maid's 100th Anniversary recipe video - Cinnamon Raisin Bread Apple Cupcakes with Chef Bob Villeneuve.". Video available at: http://stream1.newswire.ca/cgi-bin/playback.cgi?file=20121122_C2327_VIDEO_EN_21046.mp4&posterurl=http://photos.newswire.ca/images/20121122_C2327_PHOTO_EN_21046.jpg&clientName=Sun%2DMaid&caption=Video%3A%20Sun%2DMaid%27s%20100th%20Anniversary%20recipe%20video%20%2D%20Cinnamon%20Raisin%20Bread%20Apple%20Cupcakes%20with%20Chef%20Bob%20Villeneuve%2E&title=SUN%2DMAID%20%2D%20Sun%2DMaid%27s%20100th%20Anniversary%20recipe%20video%20%2D%20Cinnamon%20Raisin%20Bread%20Apple&headline=Sun%2DMaid%20celebrates%20100%20years%20this%20December
Image with caption: "This December, Sun-Maid turns 100, and in honour of this milestone introduces Cinnamon Raisin Bread Apple Cupcakes. A celebratory and seasonal recipe perfect for the holidays. (CNW Group/Sun-Maid)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20121122_C2327_PHOTO_EN_21039.jpg
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks