|By PR Newswire||
|November 22, 2012 05:00 AM EST||
PARIS, November 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
The Pickture team is delighted to announce the long-awaited launch of the network: http://www.pickture.com! Pickture is a social network that allows you to share the things you love with other users and find the best prices for products via a browser plug-in.
Even before the official launch, Pickture has attracted the attention of a community of bloggers and companies thanks to its innovative concept. What makes this concept unique is that it unites a social-network with a shopping platform, in a simple, user-friendly layout. Users bookmark the products they like via an add-on, organize them into wish-lists and then share their lists with other users. The product page allows users to not only "like"/"dislike" and comment on a product but also to purchase it directly from the retailer's website. In addition, thanks to the personalised suggestions of lists, Pickture helps users discover new trends and the latest products.
"Picking" and following
Pickture is a great place to discover innovative products across numerous categories: fashion, beauty, home, kids, high-tech, animals, art&culture, travel, office, DIY and more. Users have the option of adding or "picking" the products uploaded by other users or to upload products themselves. The "picked" products are then organised into lists that can be set as 'private' or 'visible' to all users. Furthermore, a user can follow either all or selected lists created by other users, bloggers and/or brands. Lists can also be shared on other social networks including Twitter and Facebook.
The Pickture add-on
The Pickture add-on is a free, installable extension that is available for all web browsers at the Google Chrome Webapp store. Once installed, the add-on allows users to add ("pick") products from websites to add to their Pickture profile. The add-on also acts as a price comparison that displays directly on the product page while browsing.
The Pickture team is currently developing further functionalities to help users find and compare the best deals on the products they love, and share their finds with other users!
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks