|By Marketwired .||
|November 22, 2012 05:00 AM EST||
MISSION, KS -- (Marketwire) -- 11/22/12 -- (Family Features) Create a three course meal with little preparation, but bursting with flavor this holiday season. Start off with a Roasted Beet Salad combining beets, feta cheese, walnuts and a spicy citrus vinaigrette. Follow with a Pork Roast with Spicy Cranberry Orange Glaze seasoned with Tabasco brand Original Red Sauce. Finally, finish the evening with some sweet and spicy Chocolate Chunk Cookies, oozing with chocolate and spiced with a few dashes of Tabasco Original Red Sauce.
To find these recipes -- and more -- sure to add some zest to your holiday season, visit www.TABASCO.com.
Pork Roast with Spicy Cranberry-Orange Glaze Makes 6 servings 1 5-pound pork loin center rib roast (with bone) 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon ground ginger 1/2 cup sweet orange marmalade 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard 2 1/2 teaspoons Tabasco brand Original Red Sauce Rosemary sprigs for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Sprinkle pork roast with salt and ground ginger. Place pork roast, fat-side up, in large roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer into center of roast, being careful that pointed end of thermometer does not touch bone. Roast 2 to 2 1/2 hours until thermometer reaches 155 degrees F to 160 degrees F.
Meanwhile, combine orange marmalade, cranberries, mustard and Tabasco Sauce in medium bowl. Brush pork roast with mixture after 1 hour, brushing occasionally with mixture every 15 minutes.
Remove roast to a platter. Cover loosely with foil; let stand 15 minutes. Skim fat off pan juices. Serve roast with pan juices if desired. Garnish roast with rosemary sprigs.
Serving suggestion: Serve pork roast with oven-roasted butternut squash chunks and Brussels sprouts.
About Family Features Editorial Syndicate
This and other food and lifestyle content can be found at www.editors.familyfeatures.com. Family Features is a leading provider of free food and lifestyle content for use in print and online publications. Register with no obligation to access a variety of formatted and unformatted features, accompanying photos, and automatically updating Web content solutions.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2154652
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London