|By Marketwired .||
|November 22, 2012 05:00 AM EST||
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 11/22/12 -- Companies are holding back by failing to make the most of all available funds, World Finance has deduced as it announces the Treasury Management Awards 2012.
Recently, the market trend has been for major companies to deliver large dividend pay outs to shareholders. While this might satisfy investors, such payments are often a sign that a company is simply unsure of how to effectively utilise its available funds at a time of economic diversity. Releasing finances this way does little to bolster the strength of the company, limiting its ability to generate greater finances.
Treasury management is the act of locating and investing a company's wealth or debt to generate a return that can then be fed back into the company. For banks it often forms a key part of its profit-making operations. Though other companies may not have the luxury of spare cash, there are various techniques that effective treasury management can benefit from in order to identify potential assets, and use them to increase a company's returns.
For a forward-thinking business, treasury management forms a vital part of operations for maximising profits. At a time when commercial opportunities can occur suddenly and require funds quickly, effective treasury management can provide businesses with the necessary extra finance to have the edge over the competition, whose funds could be tied to illiquid assets.
A very important area of investment, World Finance celebrates the companies that demonstrate excellence in this field. The Treasury Management Awards 2012 offer praise to those who, through clear and precise finances, provide an edge over many rivals, and demonstrate opportunistic approach to business.
Read more on treasury management and about the awards in the November-December edition of World Finance, available in shops now.
For a full list of the winners, visit: http://www.worldfinance.com/awards/treasury-management-awards-2012.
World News Media is a leading publisher of quality financial and business magazines, enjoying a global distribution network that includes subscriber lists of the most prominent and senior decision-makers around the world, as well as comprehensive airport, hotel and conference site distribution.
+44 (0) 20 7553 4156
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks