|By PR Newswire||
|November 22, 2012 03:00 AM EST||
LONDON, November 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
UBM plc today announces that it has appointed Richard Piercy as UBM's Group Chief Information Officer. Richard will lead the continuing strategic development of UBM's global IT and digital operational systems and infrastructure. Based in UBM plc's London headquarters, Richard will take up his role in January 2013.
Richard joins UBM after ten years in a number of senior IT roles at EMI Music where he was most recently Executive Vice President, Transformation & Digital Supply for EMI Music. In this role Richard held global responsibility for business transformation and EMI Music's digital supply chain operations. Most recently Richard oversaw the roll-out of a new global, enterprise-wide collaboration system and CRM package.
In his previous role as EMI's CIO, Richard led the business's technology function to deliver a complex transformation agenda and strengthen IT governance and controls. Before his promotion to CIO, Richard led a global management information project to provide a set of self-service sales and other operational information reporting tools across EMI's international businesses.
Before joining EMI in 2002, Richard spent two years as Chief Technology Officer for Sportal, building and leading teams in Europe and in Asia. After graduating from Durham University with Batchelor's and Master's degrees Richard joined Accenture in 1990 before moving on to Boston Consulting Group in 1995.
Robert Gray, CFO of UBM plc, said:
"I am very pleased to welcome Richard to UBM and I look forward to working with him as he takes on responsibility for the development of UBM's IT and digital infrastruture and as a leading contributor to the long term technology strategy which underpins the continuing evolution of UBM's business."
Notes to Editors
About UBM plc
UBM plc is a leading global business media company. We inform markets and bring the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. Our 6,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into specialist teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks