|By PR Newswire||
|November 22, 2012 03:00 AM EST||
LONDON, Nov. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Frost & Sullivan estimates that the venture capital (VC) funding market for renewable energy (RE) will triple by 2020 due to positive regulatory policies, environmental support for lower carbon footprint, and innovation in RE technologies.
New analysis from Frost & Sullivan (http://www.financialservices.frost.com), Venture Capital Funding in Renewable Energy in Europe, finds that Europe and North America have been the hub of much deal activity, while bidders are also looking at South Asia and Asia-Pacific as emerging regions of RE development. The research covers VC investment opportunities in solar, wind, biofuels, geothermal and marine/hydro energy segments.
"2011 was a stellar year for renewables deal-making with the number of deals rising by two-thirds year-on-year, although total deal value went down by one-third," noted Frost & Sullivan Financial Analyst Vinod Cartic. "Europe, in particular, followed by the Asia-Pacific region, led this trend towards more but smaller deals. This was in contrast to North America, which had fewer deals of larger individual values."
Currently, more than half of the VCs have ventured into clean energy investments. Solar technology received the most VC investments between 2006 and 2008 for new technologies and manufacturing capacity expansion.
"Newer technologies such as thin-film solar and advanced biofuels such as cellulosic biofuels and biofuels from algae are among the most pursued green energy technologies," said Cartic. "Other than green energy generation, investments in sustainable energy have also broadened to include energy storage, energy efficiency, and smart-grid technologies."
Some of the key challenges in the market include high capital costs, continuous requirement of investments into technology and the fact that economies of scale have not yet been reached.
"Companies will need to look at different ways to enhance the value chain," advised Cartic. "Effective asset management will play an important role in value creation. On their part, governments will need to look at safeguarding their interests through transparent tariffs and the use of technology as a differentiator."
If you are interested in more information on this study, please send an e-mail with your contact details to Chiara Carella, Corporate Communications, at email@example.com.
Venture Capital Funding in Renewable Energy in Europe is part of the Financial Benchmarking in the Business and Financial Services Industry subscription, which also includes research on the following markets: Renewable Energy for Residential and Commercial Applications, Global Inverter Market for Renewable Energy Systems, Mergers and Acquisitions in Renewable Energy in Europe and Supply Chain Analysis for Renewable Energy Markets. All research services included in subscriptions provide detailed market opportunities and industry trends that have been evaluated following extensive interviews with market participants.
Frost & Sullivan's Business and Financial Services group serves clients around the world in all aspects of financial analysis, market research and monitoring, due diligence, idea generation, opportunity analysis, investment valuation, and other proprietary research.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organisation prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Venture Capital Funding in Renewable Energy in Europe
Corporate Communications – Europe
P: +44 (0) 20 7343 8314
M: +44 (0) 753 3017689
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks