|By PR Newswire||
|November 22, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
BANGALORE, November 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
MSPL Limited, one of India's largest iron ore mining companies, has bagged the prestigious President's National Safety Award (Mines) by Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India, for the second time for having achieved 'the longest accident-free period' at Vyasanakere Iron Ore Mine, near Hospet, Karnataka. MSPL, which presently has the largest installed capacity of green energy in India, had earlier bagged the same award in 1987.
The award for the year 2010 was presented by Shri. Pranab Mukherjee, Hon'ble President of India, at the Award Ceremony held at Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi on 21st November 2012. Mr. Narendrakumar A. Baldota, Chairman & Managing Director, MSPL received the award along with foreman Basheer from the Vyasanakere Mine.
"We are extremely delighted with this coveted national recognition for our safety record in our mining operations. MSPL has adopted scientific and safe mining practices since inception and this latest award is a testimony to our adherence to safety procedures and instructions. Such distinction amongst peers will definitely encourage us to continue to adopt world class safety practices in areas of sustainability. We are constantly reminded and guided by our safety slogan 'safety is our culture at MSPL'," said Mr. Narendrakumar A. Baldota, Chairman & Managing Director, MSPL.
The Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India instituted National Safety Awards (Mines) in 1983 with a view to promote a competitive spirit amongst mine operators for the betterment of safety standards in mines and to give due recognition to outstanding safety performance at national level based on nomination and scrutiny.
As a part of its efforts to help ensure safety in mining operations, MSPL, which has ISO 9001:2000 and OHSAS 18001:1999 certifications, has established several requirements and procedures: Training for all personnel, in the mines at mine-based vocational training centre; Strict compliance with the Mines Act for carrying out scientific mining; Refresher training courses to help raise safety awareness levels among workforce; Review of incidents/accidents that occur in and around mining areas, and evaluation and formulation of procedures; Rewarding of workers, technicians and operators for safe practices; Utilisation of machinery and equipment having Euro standards in mines and processing plants with built-in safety features.
About MSPL Limited:
MSPL Limited, a flagship company of Baldota Group of Companies, is one of India's leading iron ore mining companies and holds the distinction of being one of the country's largest producers of wind power. It is also active in industrial gases, shipping, steel, chemicals, diamond and gold mining. For additional information; visit our website: www.mspllimited.com.
Primary Media Contact: C.S. Madhu Manjunatha, General Manager - Corporate Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org, 91-9900-066261, 91-8394-232002
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London