|By Business Wire||
|November 22, 2012 12:00 AM EST||
MiX Telematics (JSE:MIX)– in partnership with Shanghai Rainboway Heavy Vehicle Service Co., Ltd – is participating in the inaugural Busworld Asia in Guangzhou, China, from 22 to 24 November 2012. The global provider of fleet management, driver safety and vehicle tracking solutions will use the event as a platform to make bus operators in the region aware of major benefits that result from their industry-leading solutions.
“Our ultimate aim is to deliver solutions that help our customers drive their operation forward,” says Charles Tasker, Head of Fleet Telematics at MiX Telematics. “In addition to saving an average of 10% on fuel costs, our bus customers report significant improvements in vehicle utilisation, driver behaviour and customer service.”
Impressive results have revealed MiX Telematics as a leading fleet management provider in the bus and coach industry. “In Europe, more than 10,000 buses across Spain, Germany, France, Belgium and the United Kingdom have been equipped with a MiX Telematics system,” says Tasker, “while in Australasia we’ve just secured a contract to monitor 1,100 of the NZ Bus fleet.”
“Working alongside MiX Telematics, we look forward to helping Asian bus operators realise massive efficiencies,” says Simon Shao, General Manager of Shanghai Rainboway Heavy Vehicle Service Co., Ltd.
Having direct control over aspects like driver behaviour as well as vehicle movement and utilisation, says Shao, means operators can look forward to significant reductions in fuel and maintenance costs, while also lowering their accident rates and improving passenger comfort.
For example: “A long-term trial with Sylter Verkehrsgesellschaft (SVG) from Germany revealed a net saving of 2,200 Euros (around 17,500 CNY) per year per vehicle,” says Tasker, “while another customer of ours, RATP London United, achieved a 17% reduction in their accident rate, and a 10% improvement in fuel efficiency following the implementation of a customised risk reduction programme.”
MiX Telematics can be visited at Busworld Asia 2012 at Stand 9F24, Hall 9, from 22 to 24 November, at the Export Fair Pazhou Complex in Guangzhou Province, China.
About MiX Telematics
MiX Telematics is a global provider of fleet management, driver safety and vehicle tracking solutions. Using the Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery model, the company helps customers around the world to effectively manage their mobile assets. MiX Telematics was founded in 1995 and has been listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange since 2007. The company has offices in South Africa, Uganda, the United Kingdom, the United States, Australia and the United Arab Emirates.
For more information please visit www.mixtelematics.com
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London