|By Marketwired .||
|November 21, 2012 07:30 PM EST||
EDMONTON, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/22/12 -- From distinct neighbourhoods and shopping districts that will tempt anyone looking for that special gift to restaurants and eateries featuring more than 50 ethnicities, make Edmonton your next stop to shop, dine and play. You can ride a Segway, snowshoe or cross-country ski in North America's largest urban parkland, Edmonton's river valley, or travel to a galaxy far, far away at the TELUS World of Science. Experience a winter wonderland at the Festival of Trees or at the Ice on Whyte Festival. Edmonton's exclusive hotels offer packages that will make your next stop out of this world.
With several major shopping districts, including Old Strathcona, named one of Canada's five best shopping districts, hundreds of specialty boutiques and world-famous West Edmonton Mall, Edmonton is a fabulous destination for shoppers. Shopping packages include your accommodation along with gift cards for shopping.
When it comes to dining in Edmonton, consider any of the more than 3,500 restaurants, bistros and pubs for your vacation menu selection. From succulent regional cuisine and world-famous Alberta beef to decadent desserts and local micro-breweries, find a dining package to suit your palate and experience Edmonton's finest fare.
See Luke Skywalker, Anakin Skywalker, and the other unforgettable characters of Star Wars(TM) like never before at STAR WARS(TM) Identities: The Exhibition. Visitors of all ages learn the components of human identity in this character-driven adventure into what makes us who we are. The last stop in North America is at TELUS World of Science - Edmonton now through April 1, 2013.
For more information about these and other Edmonton vacation packages, visit edmonton.com.
Learn more about Edmonton through the stories of those who have experienced it, click here.
Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) provides leadership in economic development, markets Edmonton as a must-see destination, manages the Shaw Conference Centre and Edmonton Research Park, and acts as a stakeholder in TEC Edmonton, a joint venture with the University of Alberta. For more information, visit www.edmonton.com Learn more about Edmonton through the stories of people who've experienced it at www.edmontonstories.ca.
Edmonton Economic Development Corporation
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London