|By PR Newswire||
|November 21, 2012 06:21 PM EST||
Official Statement of Teamsters General Secretary-Treasurer Ken Hall
WASHINGTON, Nov. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, Teamsters General Secretary-Treasurer Ken Hall made the following statement regarding Judge Drain's ruling in favor of the company's motion to liquidate Hostess Brands Inc.:
"With Judge Drain's ruling today, more than 18,500 workers will be left without a job as Hostess proceeds with the liquidation of the company. We estimate the liquidation process will occur over the next six months as the company sells off assets.
"For our 6,700 Teamster Hostess members, our union will be focusing its efforts on ensuring that they receive what they are owed in the form of wages for hours worked accrued benefits. We will also make sure our members understand their options and assist them in filing for unemployment benefits and connecting them with local labor councils and agencies that offer other out-of-work assistance.
"This is truly a sad day for thousands of families affected by the closing of this company. I want to assure our members that despite this outcome, they do not stand alone and their union will continue to work on their behalf to help them find new employment."
Founded in 1903, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters represents 1.4 million hardworking men and women throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Visit www.teamster.org for more information. Follow us on Twitter @Teamsters and "like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/teamsters.
SOURCE International Brotherhood of Teamsters
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher