|By Marketwire .||
|November 21, 2012 06:00 PM EST||
MALVERN, PA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/21/12 -- Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. (NYSE: VSH) today announced that it will be presenting at the 2012 West China Power Seminar on Nov. 24 at the Xi'an Empress Hotel. Held jointly with the China Power Supply Society (CPSS), the seminar will include four technical presentations by Vishay experts exploring capacitors, resistors, inductors, MOSFETs, power modules, and diodes in new energy, military, communications, industrial power, and other industries. They will be joined by a number of additional industry experts making presentations on a wide range of topics.
From 9:40 to 10:15 a.m., Vishay regional marketing manager Michael Huang will discuss how different types of capacitors offer different characteristics -- including long lifetime, high current, high voltage shock, and resistance to high temperatures -- to meet the requirements of various applications. He will explore Vishay's offering of capacitors for power and special power supply applications, such as power transmission, oil exploration, and new energy.
Vishay regional marketing manager Steven Lv will discuss the use of resistors and inductors in a variety of power supply applications from 10:15 to 10:50 a.m. He will highlight the importance of selecting the right component, with a focus on the characteristics and applications of Vishay's resistor and inductor offering.
Tom Xu, Vishay assistant product application manager, will present on power MOSFETs and integrated DrMOS solutions for power supplies in new energy, military, and communication applications from 2:10 to 2:45 p.m. He will explore cutting-edge TrenchFET® Gen IV low-voltage power MOSFETs and the latest high-voltage MOSFET technologies, such as Super Junction technology.
From 2:45 to 3:20 p.m., Vishay senior engineer Tony Wei will discuss the use of diodes and power modules in new energy and industrial applications. He will focus on the use of low-forward-voltage-drop TMBS® Trench MOS Barrier Schottky diodes as bypass diodes in solar junction boxes and in inverter power modules; FRED® Pt ultra-fast diodes; and thyristors in solar inverter and industrial applications.
Additional industry experts featured at the 2012 West China Power Seminar will include:
- Fang Zhuo, Xi'an JiaoTong University; Head of the CPSS Power Quality Committee
- Qiaoliang Chen, R&D Director, Xian Longteng New Energy Technology
- Xiangdong Sun, Xi'an University of Technology
- Dr. Minchao Huang, Shanghai Zhengyuan Consulting; Member of the CPSS Power Quality Committee
- Gang Lu, Northwest Polytechnical University
More information on the 2012 West China Power Seminar is available at
Vishay Intertechnology, Inc., a Fortune 1,000 Company listed on the NYSE (VSH), is one of the world's largest manufacturers of discrete semiconductors (diodes, MOSFETs, and infrared optoelectronics) and passive electronic components (resistors, inductors, and capacitors). These components are used in virtually all types of electronic devices and equipment, in the industrial, computing, automotive, consumer, telecommunications, military, aerospace, power supplies, and medical markets. Vishay's product innovations, successful acquisition strategy, and "one-stop shop" service have made it a global industry leader. Vishay can be found on the Internet at www.vishay.com.
TrenchFET, TMBS, and FRED Pt are registered trademarks of Vishay Intertechnology.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks