|By Marketwired .||
|November 21, 2012 02:56 PM EST||
MATTHEWS, NC -- (Marketwire) -- 11/21/12 -- Family Dollar (NYSE: FDO), one of the fastest-growing discount retail chains in the country, announced today they will be offering the Kenya® doll line in its stores this holiday season. The Kenya® doll line, first unveiled two decades ago, made history when it sold out in stores across the country.
"We're proud to offer merchandise that allows African-American women who grew up with Kenya dolls in the '90s the opportunity to create a new legacy for the children in their lives," said Jocelyn Wong, Family Dollar Senior Vice President of Marketing. "In addition to the classic Kenya doll, which encourages young girls to 'Grow Up Proud,' we are also offering two other newly launched Kenya lines that are designed for babies and tweens."
Family Dollar customers will be able to choose from four different styles of the Kenya® doll this season, one for each age group:
- Classic Kenya. The original Kenya doll includes magic hair lotion, a styling guide and accessories and comes in three skin tones.
- Fashion Kenya. This all-grown-up Kenya doll is a rock musician who is all about runway looks and fun. Three different skin tones and hair styles are available.
- Kenya Mini. Exclusively at Family Dollar, each Mini Hair Madness doll includes a hair pick, a package of rubber bands and beads for styling.
- My First Kenya. Designed for the littlest members of the family, these dolls are soft and safe for cribs and, like the other Kenya dolls, you can choose one with a skin tone that best resembles your child's.
The Kenya® doll line joins hundreds of other name-brand toys Family Dollar is offering this holiday season -- many for $10 or less. Learn more about the new line of Kenya® dolls, download Kenya's hit single, "Growing Up Proud," or browse Family Dollar's 2012 holiday toy book at www.familydollar.com.
About Family Dollar Stores, Inc.
For more than 50 years, Family Dollar has been providing value and convenience to customers in easy-to-shop neighborhood locations. Family Dollar's mix of name brands and quality, private brand merchandise, appeals to shoppers in more than 7,500 stores in rural and urban settings across 45 states. Helping families save on the items they need with everyday low prices creates a strong bond with customers who refer to their neighborhood store as "my Family Dollar." Headquartered in Matthews, North Carolina, just outside of Charlotte, Family Dollar is a Fortune 300, publicly held company with common stock traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol FDO. For more information, please visit www.familydollar.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2161055
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher