|By PR Newswire||
|November 21, 2012 02:10 PM EST||
SALT LAKE CITY, Nov. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The USANA True Health Foundation is donating $30,000 to International Relief Teams (IRT), a nonprofit international humanitarian organization, to provide help to recent Hurricane Sandy victims in New York. IRT will use the funds to help repair or rebuild homes devastated by wind and flood damage from Hurricane Sandy. This is the second disaster relief contribution the foundation has made since its inception earlier this year.
"What the victims will need is help after everyone leaves," said USANA True Health Foundation President Elaine Pace. "Thousands of people do not have enough homeowner's insurance to rebuild or clear their homes of mud and mold. During dark times, people need support, understanding and assistance, and that's what our Foundation provides."
IRT completed a survey in the affected areas and found that emergency basics such as food, clothing, clean water, and shelter are currently being provided by other volunteer organizations.
"The foundation began collecting donations October 29 for Hurricane Sandy relief, the day the hurricane hit in North America," said USANA Chief Communications Officer Dan Macuga. "It was clear almost immediately that long-term help would be critically important to those whose homes were severely damaged or destroyed."
Every dollar from the USANA True Health Foundation will go toward the rebuilding efforts.
For more information about the USANA True Health Foundation or to find out how you can donate, please visit USANAfoundation.org.
About USANA True Health Foundation: The USANA True Health Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization created by Dr. Myron Wentz, USANA's founder, and USANA CEO Dave Wentz, to help expand and enhance USANA's on-going charitable efforts. Its mission is to provide the most critical human necessities to those suffering or in need. USANA True Health Foundation has an active partnership with organizations such as HealthCorps and the Children's Hunger Fund, which share the same vision of making the world a happier and healthier place. Learn more at our website (www.USANAfoundation.org), follow us on Twitter (@USANAfoundation), or like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/USANAfoundation).
Media Contact: Elaine M. Pace, President
USANA True Health Foundation
SOURCE USANA True Health Foundation
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks