|By PR Newswire||
|November 21, 2012 01:48 PM EST||
WASHINGTON, Nov. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- November 24 is Small Business Saturday, a day set aside to support the small businesses that play a vital role in creating jobs and economic opportunities all across the country.
Karen G. Mills, Administrator of the Small Business Administration (SBA), released the following statement today encouraging people to support their communities by shopping small this holiday season:
"Small businesses are the backbone of our economy and the fabric of our communities. Over the last two decades, small and new businesses have been responsible for creating two out of every three net new jobs in the U.S., and today over half of all working Americans own or work for a small business.
"By shopping small on November 24th and throughout this holiday season, we can support the men and women who are building these amazing small businesses. And we can also get great products and services for our family, friends and loved ones. It's a win-win.
"Last year, Small Business Saturday gave a boost to Main Street businesses all across the country, with more than 100 million people shopping at independently-owned small businesses. And this year we can do even better. So make sure to spend time this holiday season visiting the many small businesses in your neighborhood. It's a chance to say thank you to the small business owners who do so much for our communities."
November 24 marks the third annual Small Business Saturday. For more information on how to support Small Business Saturday in your area, or to get great Small Business Saturday marketing tips and resources, check out www.sba.gov/saturday or visit Facebook.com/smallbusinesssaturday and follow us on Twitter @SBAgov, #SmallBizSat.
Release Number: 12-49
SOURCE U.S. Small Business Administration
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?