|By Business Wire||
|November 21, 2012 08:14 AM EST||
Big Fish, the leading global marketplace to discover and enjoy casual games, today released Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake™, the ninth PC and Mac game in Big Fish’s blockbuster Mystery Case Files franchise, which has been downloaded more than 100 million times to date. The new game stars actors Lea Thompson and her daughter Madelyn Deutch, and combines into one exciting adventure a mix of incredible gameplay, live actors, paranormal storyline, interactive game maps, mysteries to solve and puzzles to conquer.
Actor Lea Thompson stars in Big Fish's new computer game -- Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake. (Photo: Business Wire)
Madelyn Deutch plays a TV tech on a reality TV show called "Ghost Patrol", which is exploring a small town on the edge of Shadow Lake. Lea Thompson plays the psychic medium, Cassandra, who reveals unimaginable facts about a disturbing, unsolved mystery. "I’ve never played anyone like Cassandra before, and it was a bit of a dream come true. I like to play different kinds of people, and it was really fun playing a passionate psychic, which is a different character to the housewife I play on ABC Family's 'Switched at Birth,'" commented Lea Thompson.
“Incorporating the paranormal into Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake gave us a lot of latitude to take the game in interesting directions that players will appreciate. Expect the unexpected!“ said Kale Stutzman, Director of Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake. “Further, working with Lea, Madelyn and the other talented actors made the game as much fun to make as it is to play.”
Mobile Mystery Case Files fans can get in on the fun as well. In addition to the release of the newest Mystery Case Files game for PC and Mac, Mystery Case Files®: Return to Ravenhearst™, the most popular Mystery Case Files game to date, is available today on iOS for the iPad and iPhone. Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst takes players to Ravenhearst Manor, a mysterious 19th century mansion constructed by Charles Dalimar as a symbol of affection for his love, Emma Ravenhearst. In this game, the Queen of England has summoned the player back to the now-decrepit mansion to shed some light on the manor’s dark past and put the mysteries of Ravenhearst to rest, once and for all. Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst can be found at the Big Fish web site or on Apple's iTunes store.
More about Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake
Your skills as the Master Detective are needed once again! This time, a psychic medium has reached out to you to solve the mysterious destruction of a town on the edge of Shadow Lake. Armed with strange ghost pictures she drew while in a trance, you must canvas the town’s landscape, unlocking visions of a cursed object, and unexplained accidents.
Key Game Features:
- Expanded Hidden Object Scenes – Our favorite puzzle is back, but with a twist! Now, instead of looking in just one room in a stack of items for your hidden objects, the hunt spans several rooms.
- Map Travel – With so many different locations to visit, we’ve included an animated 3D rendered map that will allow you to travel between different places in the town quickly. But you’ll still have lots of scenes within each location to navigate!
- Collector's Editions Exclusive Features – Our Collector's Editions include several additional features, like bonus gameplay, puzzles, morphing objects, and exclusive production materials.
- Built-in Strategy Guide – Get stuck somewhere? Not to worry! Collector’s Editions come with a guide right in game to help with the trickiest puzzles!
Pricing and Availability
Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake is available exclusively at www.bigfishgames.com. The trial version can be downloaded and played for free; the full Collector’s Edition version is available for $19.99 (U.S.). Big Fish Game Club members get a 30% discount off the price.
About Big Fish
Founded in 2002, Big Fish <http://www.bigfishgames.com> is the most trusted global leader in casual games, and is dedicated to bringing engaging entertainment to everyone, anywhere, on any device. Through its proprietary, data-driven platform, millions of consumers seeking engaging entertainment easily discover and play PC and mobile games created by Big Fish’s network of more than 500 development partners and its in-house Big Fish Games Studios. The company offers a growing catalog of more than 3000 unique PC and mobile games, along with a universal cloud gaming service, Big Fish Unlimited. Big Fish’s games are playable on a wide variety of devices across 10 languages and by players from 150 countries. The company is headquartered in Seattle, WA, with regional offices in Oakland, CA; Cork, Ireland; Vancouver, Canada; and Luxembourg.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher