|By PR Newswire||
|November 21, 2012 03:42 AM EST||
- Wealth-X Releases List of Top UHNW Women in Switzerland
SINGAPORE, Nov. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Wealth-X, the ultra high net worth (UHNW) business development solution for Global Private Banks, Luxury Brands, Educational Institutions and Non-Profits, unveiled a list of the top 5 UHNW women in Switzerland.
With an estimated net worth of US$4.2 billion, Donata Bertarelli Spath, co-president and member of the board of Bertarelli Foundation, emerged top of the list. Spath was former director of public and professional affairs at Serono International. Her mother, Maria Bertarelli, another member of the board of Bertarelli Foundation and former shareholder of Serono, ranked second with a net worth of US$3.6 billion. In third place is Isolde Liebherr, vice-chairman of Liebherr-International, with a net worth of US$3.0 billion. Rounding out the top 5 are Birgit Rausing and Kirsten Rausing of Tetra Laval Group, both with net worth estimates of US$2.8 billion.
Donata Bertarelli Spath
The collective net worth of the top UHNW women is US$16.4 billion, representing 2.5% of the total UHNW wealth in Switzerland and 13.1% of the combined net worth of billionaires in Switzerland.
Mykolas D. Rambus, CEO of Wealth-X, said, "All of the UHNW Swiss women on the list acquired their wealth through inheritance and have Swiss-based businesses. These top UHNW women in Switzerland are not only recognised for the significant contribution to the Swiss economy that their businesses make, but are also noted for generous philanthropic giving that extends beyond Swiss borders, to causes in countries such as Ireland, Italy and the United Kingdom."
For the full list and supplemental analysis, please visit: http://www.wealthx.com/articles/2012/top-5-swiss-women
Wealth-X provides detailed intelligence on ultra high net worth (UHNW) individuals globally. The firm's Wealth-X Professional solution is the standard for banking, marketing and not-for-profit professionals working with the ultra affluent. Wealth-X is headquartered in Singapore with offices in all major financial centres.
For more information about Wealth-X, please visit: www.wealthx.com
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher