|By PR Newswire||
|November 21, 2012 02:30 AM EST||
LONDON, Nov. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- High speed rail (HSR) projects in Europe are opening up a big market for certain segments, such as track materials, where new materials and technologies are set to enjoy considerable growth opportunity.
New analysis from Frost & Sullivan (http://chemicals.frost.com), European Materials Market for High Speed Rail Infrastructure, finds that the total market earned revenues of €3.5 million in 2011. The market is estimated to reach €10 million in 2018, of which track materials will account for €8.5 million and cable materials for the remainder.
"In comparison to other modes of transport, rail transport infrastructure is high on the European Commission's agenda, mainly due to its lower carbon footprint," noted Frost & Sullivan Senior Research Analyst Deepak Karthikeyan. "As the European Commission boosts investments in electricity powered, high speed trains, materials for HSR infrastructure will experience high demand."
The number of passengers opting for HSR has increased considerably in the last decade. For instance, since the introduction of high speed lines in Germany, France, Spain, and Belgium in the 1990s, the number of passengers using this mode of transport has increased six-fold. This preference will persist, highlighting the need for more lines connecting larger areas in the future.
As the market gathers momentum, a key challenge will be interoperability between EU member countries, each of whom has separate standards for high speed lines. Different technologies at the material as well as operating level will mean greater expenditure to ensure compatibility.
Promisingly, the EU has started moving toward a pan-European HSR agenda. It has already started taking steps to ensure a common platform for track technology as well as standards for all member states.
"Reinforcing such positive steps will require material manufacturers, moulders and system integrators to work in conjunction with the EU to develop technologies and roadmaps that support compatibility at every level," advised Karthikeyan. "Over and above that, since each project will need customised solutions, chemical suppliers will have to jointly develop products along with moulders or system integrators to increase their presence in the end market."
If you are interested in more information on this study, please send an e-mail with your contact details to Chiara Carella, Corporate Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
European Materials Market for High Speed Rail Infrastructure is part of the Chemicals & Materials Growth Partnership Service programme, which also includes research in the following markets: Strategic Analysis of European Automotive Lubricants Additives Market and Strategic Analysis of the European Automotive Paint Additives Market. All research included in subscriptions provide detailed market opportunities and industry trends that have been evaluated following extensive interviews with market participants.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organisation prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
European Materials Market for High Speed Rail Infrastructure
Corporate Communications – Europe
P: +44 (0) 20 7343 8314
M: +44 (0) 753 3017689
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher