|By PR Newswire||
|November 21, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Nov. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Following is the daily "Profile America" feature from the U.S. Census Bureau:
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 21: HEAVIEST TRAVEL DAY
Profile America — Wednesday, November 21st. It's widely thought that the day before Thanksgiving or the Sunday after is the busiest travel day of the year. But figures from some of the biggest U.S. airports say it's summer weekends that are the busiest. Even so, there will still be a lot of people traveling in the next few days. Most will be driving to visit friends and relatives for the festive meal tomorrow. But for those who live too far away, getting on an airliner is often the only choice. There are more than 3,000 companies providing scheduled air transportation across the country — services worth more than $133 billion annually. You can find current data on the country's economy — on the go — by downloading the new "America's Economy" mobile application at www.census.gov/mobile.
Sources: 2007 Economic Census, NAICS 48111
Profile America is produced by the Center for New Media and Promotions of the U.S. Census Bureau. These daily features are available as produced segments, ready to air, on a monthly CD or on the Internet at http://www.census.gov
SOURCE U.S. Census Bureau
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks