|By PR Newswire||
|November 20, 2012 08:25 PM EST||
Official Statement of Teamsters General Secretary-Treasurer Ken Hall
WASHINGTON, Nov. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, Teamsters General Secretary-Treasurer Ken Hall made the following statement regarding the announcement that Hostess Brands Inc. and the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union failed to reach an agreement during mediation:
"Unfortunately, the last minute mediation efforts by Judge Drain were not successful. The case will proceed tomorrow at 11 a.m. with the judge hearing Hostess Brands motion to 'wind down' the company. Judge Drain may rule from the bench tomorrow on the motion.
"As we said on Friday when the company announced it was closing, this is a tragic outcome and our thoughts and prayers go out to all Teamster Hostess members and all Hostess employees."
Founded in 1903, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters represents 1.4 million hardworking men and women throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Visit www.teamster.org for more information. Follow us on Twitter @Teamsters and "like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/teamsters.
SOURCE International Brotherhood of Teamsters
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher