|By PR Newswire||
|November 20, 2012 06:41 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Nov. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ScanLife (www.scanlife.com) today announced a series of major features to the ScanLife mobile application that instantly turns shopping and real world discovery into a social experience via Facebook and Twitter. Just in time for the holiday season, ScanLife Android and iOS users can now scan a quick response (QR) code or any other standard barcode found on products and instantly see if it is popular with other ScanLife users and share that content with their social networks. When it comes to holiday shopping, this activity can help friends and family find new products and buy the perfect gifts.
"The new version of ScanLife turns its millions of active users worldwide into a social community, making it easier to discover the best content from QR and other format barcodes," said Mike Wehrs, CEO and president of Scanbuy. "We have a very active and globally diverse user base, and this new app will enable them to easily discover and share what's trending. We believe this opens a completely untapped space which intersects the physical, mobile and social worlds in which we live."
With the new version of the ScanLife app for Android and iOS, users now can:
- Scan any QR Code or UPC barcode and instantly see if other ScanLife users liked this content
- Easily share product information like prices and deals with their Facebook and Twitter networks
- Sync their favorite scans to their Facebook page to interact anytime
- Invite friends from Facebook to join ScanLife (available on iOS only)
To get people into the social spirit, ScanLife is running a "Like It to Win" holiday giveaway. Here's how:
- Download ScanLife in the Google Play Store or Apple App Store
- Scan any barcode or QR Code on products, print ads, websites and in-store displays
- Click the heart icon on any of your favorite scans
- ScanLife will give away Amazon gift cards to help make that 'Like' come true for the holidays
ScanLife, brought to you by Scanbuy, is the global leader in developing mobile engagement solutions that power intelligent connections between the physical and digital world. The ScanLife suite of mobile barcode products consists of a cloud-based platform used by a wide variety of industries including retail, CPG and media to create, manage, and monitor dynamic 2D (QR Code) barcode campaigns. The ScanLife app is used by millions of people around the world to discover new information and is available for all major platforms including Android and iOS.
ScanLife processes millions of 1D (UPC) and 2D scans from over 150 different countries and is headquartered in New York City with local offices throughout North America, Europe, and Latin America. Scanbuy has the largest and oldest patent portfolio of any company in the industry, with over 18 patents granted covering the entire solution. The company's investors include Motorola Solutions Ventures, Motorola Mobility Ventures, Hudson Ventures, and Masthead Venture Partners.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher