|By PR Newswire||
|November 20, 2012 06:38 PM EST||
ATLANTA, Nov. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ever wonder about the trip your milk goes on from the cow to the store? Or what a cow's bed is made of? Or why dairy farmers get up so early?
A new campaign, launched Nov. 12, that answers questions and more, focusing on the hard-working dairy farm families and the nutritious products they produce. Named "Dedicated to Dairy," the Southeast United Dairy Industry Association Inc. campaign includes multi-media efforts featuring regional dairy families and their stories.
After all, who better to tell the story regarding the dairy industry, its impact on local communities and the vital role this industry plays in providing consumers with a quality product than the dairymen themselves? Consumers will have the opportunity to become a virtual part of the farm, learning about all aspects of the dairy industry in a fun and interactive way.
The website, dedicatedtodairy.com, hosts real stories about life on the farm and shows where and how dairy foods are produced with focus on economic impact, environment practices and animal husbandry. Interactive features, social media links and blogs are also included. QR codes will also be developed so visitors can have easy access to specific sites and information.
Terry Rowlett, a second-generation dairyman from Kentucky, said he's very excited about the campaign and the chance to virtually host consumers on his farm.
"Not everyone gets a chance to visit a dairy farm," Rowlett said. "But through this campaign, we can introduce a lot of folks to our cows, our milk and our land. I look forward to the opportunity to show them around the industry, answer their questions and demonstrate how proud we are to produce the products they enjoy every day."
About the Southeast Dairy Association
On behalf of dairy farm families, the nonprofit Southeast United Dairy Industry Association Inc. (SUDIA), works with schools, health professionals, retailers, dairy processors and the public to promote dairy foods. For more information, visit www.southeastdairy.org.
SOURCE Southeast Dairy Association
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?