|By PR Newswire||
|November 20, 2012 02:30 PM EST||
SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Infineta Systems, the first and only provider of WAN optimization solutions for Big Traffic workflows, announced today that the company has been selected as a Finalist for the Tech Trailblazer Awards (#TTAwards) for 2012 in the Networking Category. The Tech Trailblazer awards recognize start-up companies from around the world for their technological innovation and entrepreneurial excellence. Infineta Systems was shortlisted for the award because of its innovative approach to solving today's untenable growth of enterprise data and the aggressive adoption of high-speed replication, cross-site virtualization and Big Data, which are all pushing the inter-data center WAN to its breaking point.
"Being shortlisted as a Trailblazer is tremendous validation of the innovative approach Infineta has taken to solving high-speed inter-data center WAN acceleration," said Haseeb Budhani, Chief Product Officer for Infineta Systems. "Managing the ever-growing traffic rates between data centers is a major challenge for enterprise IT groups, and Infineta's solution provides a cost-effective way for enterprises to drive more traffic between data centers."
Infineta's Data Mobility Switch (DMS) is the only WAN optimization system that leverages merchant-silicon to deliver a distributed, high-performance platform with processing (port-to-port) latencies averaging well under 100 microseconds. Infineta's DMS brings together multiple patented hardware and software inventions in a purpose-built appliance that operates anywhere from 100Mbps to 10Gbps speeds.
The DMS supports the next generation of advanced data center architectures that leverage key innovations around high-performance computing, storage, and service delivery models.
As a result, companies can:
- Effectively expand the usable capacity of all WAN links by 5x or more.
- Mitigate the effects of latency on applications traversing WAN links, enabling full utilization (99%+) of expensive WAN bandwidth, regardless of distance.
- Granularly partition their inter-data center WAN links for use by multiple applications simultaneously.
- Significantly reduce OpEx by utilizing a cost-effective, shared WAN such as an MPLS VPNs for inter-data center connectivity instead of the expensive point-to-point circuit.
- Safely provision IP-VPNs without worrying about the debilitating impact of packet loss on such links.
Winners for each Tech Trailblazer category are determined by a public vote and will be announced via Twitter (@Techtrailblazer) on December 18, 2012. Voting begins today, Tuesday, November 20 at techtrailblazers.com/vote and will continue through December 14. Infineta encourages everyone to get out and vote over the next few weeks!
Tweet this: @Infineta shortlisted for this year's #TTAwards in the Networking Category. Catch our video and vote for @Infineta at techtrailblazers.com/vote through Dec 14.
About the Tech Trailblazer Awards
Tech Trailblazers is a new concept in awards, designed explicitly for smaller businesses and startups that are less than five years old and at C-series funding or below. The awards have low barriers to entry and prizes that not only recognize startup innovation, but also proactively help startups grow their businesses with exclusive coaching, mentoring and development from VCs and leading CTOs as well as an estimated prize fund worth in excess of $1m. The awards seek to recognize true innovators in enterprise technology.
About Infineta Systems
Based in San Jose, California, Infineta Systems is a privately held, leading provider of WAN optimization systems for Big Traffic. The company's patented Velocity Dedupe Engine delivers unprecedented levels of throughput, scalability and bandwidth capacity to support critical machine-scale workflows across the data center interconnect. Its flagship product, the Infineta Data Mobility Switch, accelerates multi-gigabit BCDR (Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery), cross-site virtualization, and Big Data traffic. The company is backed by Rembrandt Venture Partners, Alloy Ventures and North Bridge Venture Partners. For more information visit www.infineta.com.
Infineta, Infineta Systems, Data Mobility Switch, and Velocity Dedupe Engine are trademarks or registered trademarks of Infineta Systems, Inc., in the U.S. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE Infineta Systems
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher