|By PR Newswire||
|November 20, 2012 01:36 PM EST||
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Nov. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Platinum Luxury Auctions needed only 7 days to find a buyer for a lakefront mansion in Jacksonville, Florida's prestigious Glen Kernan Golf and Country Club. Although the auction date was scheduled for October 27th, a buyer placed the property under contract within the first week of Platinum's marketing campaign. Prior to the auction program, the residence had been listed for sale for 5 consecutive years.
Platinum then produced a second pre-auction offer that was secured as a back-up to the first purchaser, making the actual auction event a moot point. The initial buyer's offer prevailed and he closed on the property in mid-November. The sale price of approximately $1 million was equal to 91% of the property's latest list price and more than 98% of its appraised value at the time of sale.
Platinum worked in close cooperation with the property's listing agents, top-producers Chris and Denette Triplett of the RE/Max Specialists' "Triplett Team" in Jacksonville. The Triplett Team also represented the buyer in the transaction.
"This is an excellent demonstration of 'luxury auction as tipping point,' using the auction process to capitalize on pre-existing interest. The Tripletts did a fantastic job working with our team to make the sale a success," said Trayor Lesnock, Platinum's president. Lesnock explained that in many cases – such as this one – the existing, prospective purchasers for a property just can't be forced to put forth an offer. By using the auction to set a deadline for the date of sale and force buyers to compete to own the property, those existing buyers often experience a strong "fear of loss" that pressures them to finally make a deal.
"We knew this buyer wanted the property," stated Denette Triplett, "And the tremendous interest and buyer response from the auction was the motivation he needed to move forward. He didn't want to lose the home to someone else in a bidding war."
According to Platinum, interest in the property was significant, with 78 groups of visitors attending the weekend property previews during the 4-week auction campaign.
The property is located on an oversized, lakefront lot within the Glen Kernan Golf and Country Club, and boasts 5,400 interior square feet with 5 bedrooms and 6.5 baths. The community is known for its pristine golf course and ultra-private club. Many area executives and a number of professional athletes call Glen Kernan home. In 2010, NFL quarterback Tim Tebow held a press conference at the clubhouse after being drafted by the Denver Broncos.
For more details on this luxury auction, visit PlatinumLuxuryAuctions.com or call 1.800.262.5132.
SOURCE Platinum Luxury Auctions
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London