|By PR Newswire||
|November 20, 2012 12:38 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Nov. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Leo Apotheker, who served as CEO of HP from Nov. 2010 to Sept. 2011, today issued the following statement:
I'm both stunned and disappointed to learn of Autonomy's alleged accounting improprieties. The developments are a shock to the many who believed in the company, myself included. But I also share the sentiment of HP's current leadership and continue to believe in Autonomy's market potential, as its core software expertise remains sound.
Looking back on the acquisition, which closed in Sept. 2011, the due diligence process was meticulous and thorough, and included two of the world's largest and most respected auditing firms working on behalf of HP. Since Autonomy was a public company in the UK, much of the process relied on public financial reports — accounting statements approved, filed and backed by Autonomy's leadership, board and auditors.
According to HP, the accounting issues it discovered pre-date its acquisition of Autonomy. As such, it's apparent that Autonomy's alleged accounting misrepresentations misled a number of people over time – not just HP's leadership team, auditors and directors. In fact, the alleged improprieties apparently came to light only after an internal whistleblower raised the issue in the spring, well after my departure.
I will make myself available, however I can, to assist HP and the appropriate authorities get to the bottom of this.
SOURCE Leo Apotheker
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?