|By Business Wire||
|November 20, 2012 12:36 PM EST||
Saft, a world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced technology batteries for industry has been awarded a major five year contract by the US Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) to supply the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps with BA 5590 lithium sulfur dioxide (Li-SO2) batteries.
The BA 5590 batteries are used in different portable military applications such as military radios and surveillance equipment. The BA 5590 batteries provide a long lasting, lightweight and reliable power source for the Army’s critical missions.
This contract was awarded to Saft for 100% of the U.S. military needs for this type of battery. The contract with DLA is an indefinite quantity contract for a five year period with a maximum amount of up to $98 million. Orders under the contract are demand-based, with the first orders expected in mid-2013.
“The heritage of these field-tested batteries has been demonstrated for more than 20 years,” said Thomas Alcide, General Manager of Saft’s Specialty Battery Group. “Saft is proud to be able to provide superior quality and performance at the best value to our military clients.”
Saft (Euronext: Saft) is a world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced technology batteries for industry. The Group is the world’s leading manufacturer of nickel batteries and primary lithium batteries for the industrial infrastructure and processes, transportation, civil and military electronics’ markets. Saft is the world leader in space and defense batteries with its Li-ion technologies which are also being deployed in the energy storage, transportation and telecommunication markets. Saft’s 4,000 employees present in 19 countries, together with its 16 manufacturing sites and extensive sales network, all contribute to accelerating the Group’s growth for the future.
For more information, visit Saft at www.saftbatteries.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?