|By PR Newswire||
|November 20, 2012 10:10 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Nov. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Dow Jones Credit Suisse Hedge Fund Index finished down 0.18% in October. A new monthly commentary offers insight into hedge fund performance through the month of October. Some key findings from the report include:
- Hedge funds, as measured by the Dow Jones Credit Suisse Hedge Fund Index, finished October down 0.18%, with 5 out of 10 strategies in positive territory;
- In total, the industry saw estimated inflows of approximately $3.9 billion in October, bringing overall assets under management for the industry to approximately $1.75 trillion;
- The Global Macro and Fixed Income Arbitrage sectors experienced the largest asset inflows on a percentage basis, with inflows in October equal to 1.63% and 0.78% of the September 2012 levels, respectively;
- Event Driven funds generated positive performance in October, with contributors from diversified long positions to credit strategies, and returns from special situation equities, while risk arbitrage holdings were somewhat mixed to slightly negative; and
- Long/Short Equity funds finished October in negative territory, though equity markets started the month positively. Positively contributing to performance was short Technology exposure, as well as net long exposure to Financials and large cap Banks.
Industry commentaries and publications are available in the "News" section of our website, www.hedgeindex.com. Click here to view the full report which includes an overview of October hedge fund performance, in-depth commentary on individual hedge fund sectors and hedge fund return dispersion statistics for each strategy.
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC, a subsidiary of The McGraw-Hill Companies is the world's largest, global resource for index-based concepts, data and research. Home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average, S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC has over 115 years of experience constructing innovative and transparent solutions that fulfill the needs of institutional and retail investors. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other provider in the world. With over 830,000 indices covering a wide range of assets classes across the globe, S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC defines the way investors measure and trade the markets. To learn more about our company, please visit www.spdji.com.
About Credit Suisse AG
Credit Suisse AG
Credit Suisse AG is one of the world's leading financial services providers and is part of the Credit Suisse group of companies (referred to here as 'Credit Suisse'). As an integrated bank, Credit Suisse offers clients its combined expertise in the areas of private banking, investment banking and asset management. Credit Suisse provides advisory services, comprehensive solutions and innovative products to companies, institutional clients and high-net-worth private clients globally, as well as to retail clients in Switzerland. Credit Suisse is headquartered in Zurich and operates in over 50 countries worldwide. The group employs approximately 48,200 people. The registered shares (CSGN) of Credit Suisse's parent company, Credit Suisse Group AG, are listed in Switzerland and, in the form of American Depositary Shares (CS), in New York. Further information about Credit Suisse can be found at www.credit-suisse.com.
In its Asset Management business, Credit Suisse offers products across a broad spectrum of investment classes, including hedge funds, credit, index, real estate, commodities and private equity products, as well as multi-asset class solutions, which include equities and fixed income products. Credit Suisse's Asset Management business manages portfolios, mutual funds and other investment vehicles for a broad spectrum of clients ranging from governments, institutions and corporations to private individuals. With offices focused on asset management in 19 countries, Credit Suisse's Asset Management business is operated as a globally integrated network to deliver the bank's best investment ideas and capabilities to clients around the world.
All businesses of Credit Suisse are subject to distinct regulatory requirements; certain products and services may not be available in all jurisdictions or to all client types.
Copyright © 2012, CREDIT SUISSE GROUP AG and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Certain information contained in this document constitutes "Forward-Looking Statements" (including observations about markets and industry and regulatory trends as of the original date of this document), which can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "may", "will", "should", "expect", "anticipate", "target", "project", "estimate", "intend", "continue" or "believe", or the negatives thereof or other variations thereon or comparable terminology. Due to various risks and uncertainties beyond our control, actual events, results or performance may differ materially from those reflected or contemplated in such forward-looking statements. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on such statements. Credit Suisse has no obligation to update any of the forward-looking statements in this document.
This document was produced by and the opinions expressed are those of Credit Suisse as of the date of writing and are subject to change without obligation to update. It has been prepared solely for information purposes and for the use of the recipient. It does not constitute an offer or an invitation by or on behalf of Credit Suisse to any person to buy or sell any security. Any reference to past performance is not a guide or indicator to future performance. The information and analysis contained in this publication have been compiled or arrived at from sources believed to be reliable but Credit Suisse does not make any representation as to their accuracy or completeness and does not accept liability for any loss arising from the use hereof.
Dow Jones® and Dow Jones Credit Suisse Hedge Fund Indexes are trademarks of Dow Jones Trademark Holdings LLC ("Dow Jones"), and Credit Suisse Group AG, as the case may be, and have been licensed for use by Credit Suisse Index Co., LLC and S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC and its affiliates ("S&P Dow Jones Indices"). STANDARD & POOR'S® and S&P® are registered trademarks of Standard & Poor's Financial Services LLC. Investment products based on the Dow Jones Credit Suisse Hedge Fund Indexes are not sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by Dow Jones, S&P Dow Jones Indices or their respective affiliates and none of Dow Jones, S&P Dow Jones Indices and their respective affiliates make any representation regarding the advisability of investing in such products. Inclusion of a hedge fund or a company in any of these indexes does not in any way reflect an opinion of Dow Jones, S&P Dow Jones Indices or any of their respective affiliates on the investment merits of such fund or company. None of Dow Jones, S&P Dow Jones Indices or any of their respective affiliates is providing investment advice in connection with these indexes.
SOURCE Credit Suisse AG
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher