|By PR Newswire||
|November 20, 2012 10:06 AM EST||
STUTTGART, Germany, November 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
The ebuggy e-mobility project has won the Hessen region's European Satellite Navigation Competition 2012. The award is sponsored by the European Space Agency, the European GNSS Agency (GSA), the German Aerospace Centre (DLR), and Nokia, among others.
By hitching up battery trailers at its planned network of ebuggy relay stations, and exchanging them at regular intervals, ebuggy offers e-vehicle drivers unlimited range when travelling on highways.
A satellite navigation system has been developed to manage the future trailer fleet. It will monitor and control the movement of the fleet in real time.
How does ebuggy operate?
An ebuggy battery trailer can be hitched up at an ebuggy relay station and the journey continued using the energy from the ebuggy. On arrival in the destination area, the ebuggy is dropped off again at the final service station. ebuggy can be exchanged whenever necessary during longer journeys.
"ebuggy allows the automotive industry to build reasonably priced electric vehicles with a smaller battery, because ebuggy is available for longer distances," says Dr. Manfred Baumgärtner, Managing Director of ebuggy GmbH.
The ebuggy prototype was constructed with the support of Germany's Ministry of Economics and Technology (BMWi) and project partners such as the Fraunhofer Institut IPA and Stuttgart University. The concept works perfectly.
ebuggy GmbH is the operating company for the ebuggy mobility concept. It will develop the ebuggy battery trailer and relay stations for series-production readiness and develop the international ebuggy network with subsidiaries.
ebuggy press kit with pictures, texts, and logo: http://www.presskit.ebuggy.com
ebuggy website: http://www.ebuggy.com
Videos about ebuggy: http://www.youtube.com/user/ebuggy01/videos
ebuggy at facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ebuggy.com
SOURCE BVB INNOVATE GMBH
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?