|By PR Newswire||
|November 19, 2012 10:23 PM EST||
LOS ANGELES, Nov. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- The Good Ear Company, a global leader in hearing improvement technologies, is pleased to announce that Better Hearing - the world's first and only iOS App that can improve hearing - is now available on the iTunes App Store.
Better Hearing is an innovative app that is co-developed by Novasa Interactive and was also the winner of the MobileBeat 2012 Smartphone App Competition, hosted by VentureBeat, where its potential impressed judges from prestigious corporations such as Verizon and Google.
According to a recent Johns Hopkins Study, 1 in 5 Americans are currently experiencing hearing loss in some form. The big challenge is that most of those people aren't even aware that they have a problem. The Better Hearing App identifies the frequency area where one's hearing is the weakest, and for a one-time $2.99 fee, it offers a therapy to optimize one's hearing using the company's proprietary Threshold Sound Conditioning (TSC) technology. A number of studies from the U.S. National Institutes of Health, the Chung-Ang University Hospital and Samsung Medical Center in Korea show that your hearing will be improved by simply using the App's sound conditioning features for 30 minutes a day over 14 days.
"The traditional hearing loss treatment has been to amplify the sound through the use of hearing aids, which are actual mini-amplifiers placed in the ears. However, this amplification actually worsens the hearing by having the ear become used and trained to hear at a continuously increasing volume," says co-founder and VP of Business Development John Nahm. "In contrast, Better Hearing identifies the frequency band that the user experiences the most hearing deficiency in, relative to the other frequency bands, and applies sound therapy at the barely audible level to prompt the ear to become trained to hear at lower volume levels for that problem frequency area."
The Good Ear Company is currently conducting another clinical study with Stanford University Hospital and the Palo Alto Medical Foundation to evaluate the efficacy of Threshold Sound Conditioning when embedded in hearing aids.
Better Hearing for iOS is available for free on the iTunes App Store.
About the Good Ear Company
The Good Ear Company is committed to developing and providing cutting-edge, consumer-friendly apps and devices, based on its patented technologies. Now, your ears have a fighting chance against hearing loss. For more information, visit TheGoodEar.com
About Novasa Interactive
Founded in 2004, Novasa is a Copenhagen-based mobile app design and development company. With a relentless attention to detail, design, and user-friendliness, Novasa develops cutting-edge mobile apps for a wide range of clients, including some of Denmark's largest corporations. For more information, visit Novasa.com
Media Contact: Kihong Bae, The Good Ear Company, Inc., 310-401-6487, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE The Good Ear Company, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London