|By PR Newswire||
|November 19, 2012 08:53 PM EST||
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn., Nov. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- A Brain is For Eating is a book for zombie children that teaches the little walking undead how to find their next meal: BRAINS!!! The book is being published via Kickstarter where fans can purchase a print or digital copy of the book before the campaign expires on Sunday, November 25th.
The book is the brainchild of husband and wife team Daniel and Amelia Jacobs, who penned the tale on a bicycle trip across Europe. "We had a lot of fun imaging a post-apocalyptic world from a zombie child's perspective," says author Daniel Jacobs. "Of course, it's really written more for human adults, but I'm sure there are some non-zombie kids out there who can appreciate the macabre silliness of the story."
The illustrations are the work of the talented Scott Brundage whose drawings regularly appear in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Scientific American. Brundage also admits that the subject is dark, but places it in context. It's part of a long tradition of dark humorists, like Edward Gorey, and the fully imagined worlds of children with an adult sense of irony like Bill Watterson's Calvin.
Brundage constructed the world from the viewpoint of a young zombie. "Humans and environments are very much secondary to the all-important undead protagonists," says Brundage wryly. "People, obviously, are just packaging for food."
The book is being published and produced by Pale Dot Voyage, a digital bakery that specializes in design, marketing and mobile development. The company partners with entrepreneurs and artists to build and launch ideas on the web and to the world. The P.V team is handling the design and layout of the book, the website and marketing materials.
When not writing for zombie children, author Dan is a filmmaker and lighting technician, and his wife Amelia paints and teaches reading to second and third graders. They live in Chattanooga, Tennessee with their rabbits, chickens, and puppy dog Bernini.
People can help bring this unique book to life by pre-ordering a copy and supporting the Kickstarter campaign before the deadline Sunday, November 25th.
To view this video on YouTube, please visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1e0XKskrQM&feature=colike
Media Contact: Sam Thomas, Pale Dot Voyage, 773-412-3886, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Pale Dot Voyage
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks