|By PR Newswire||
|November 19, 2012 08:30 PM EST||
CLEARFIELD, Utah, Nov. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Thomas Family of Clearfield had their world turned upside down a few weeks ago when their 6 year old son Ryan was diagnosed with Bone Cancer. He had been complaining of back pain for months. Then, the pain was so bad a few weeks ago, they took him to Primary Children's Hospital. He was then diagnosed him with Ewings Sarcoma a rare form of Bone Cancer. So rare, only 250 children in America are diagnosed with it each year. Last week, 6 year old Ryan began his hard road of Chemo Therapy and Radiation treatment. The first round of treatments will span 12 weeks, lasting through the holidays.
With an uncertain future and financial difficulties, the Thomas families luck has gotten worse. In the last few weeks, the transmission of their car has gone out and their furnace stopped working. They have been using space heaters in an effort to keep their trailer home above freezing.
Action Plumbing & Heating heard of their situation from family friend Chris Coombs. Once Action learned of their hardship, they immediately began coordinating an effort to help. Tomorrow morning, Action will surprise the Thomas family with a brand new furnace fully installed at NO COST to them.
"Our heart broke when we heard about the unbelievably hard time the Thomas family was going through. This is the least we can do and hope that Thanksgiving and Christmas are a little better for them," said Action spokesperson Nate Di Palma.
Grandmother Jill Thomas has worked with Action to gather the family together at their home and kept the surprise under wraps. Crystal (26), Kenny (26), Abby (4) and Ryan (6) will all be at the Thomas home when Action surprises them with a new furnace in the morning. Maybe this will be the turn of some better luck for the Thomas family and at least a little more holiday hope.
Meet at 9:45AM, then drive a few blocks to their home at 10:15AM
9:45 AM Meeting Place:
Holt Elementary School (Parking Lot)
448 N 1000 W | CLEARFIELD, UT
Contact: Nate Di Palma 435-640-3856 firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Concept Marketing
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher