|By Marketwired .||
|November 19, 2012 08:28 PM EST||
BELLEVUE, WA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/19/12 -- Instant flight sorting of more than 200+ airlines. Beautiful, intuitive interface. More than 140 thousand hotel properties. Crisp, gorgeous destination imagery. Mobile-only deals of up to 60% off. Say hello to the new features to be found in "Expedia," the newly updated mobile app launched today by the world's leading online travel agency. Travelers are afforded the information about flight and hotel availability (as well as cancellation messaging) that they expect to see when booking on Expedia's desktop site. The Expedia app, which previously featured only hotels, is now available in the United States on iPhone and Android platforms.
"Travelers have millions of different flight options and the Expedia app update is the first to marry the simplicity travelers expect from mobile with the underlying intelligence and comprehensive choices they've come to expect from Expedia," said John Kim, Senior Vice President, Global Product, Expedia. "The Expedia app puts all of that technology and big data -- and the confidence it brings -- in the palm of your hands with a casual simplicity that masks the underlying e-commerce power behind it."
The newly updated Expedia mobile app features the following improvements:
- Introducing Flights on Expedia Mobile. Travelers can now view, sort and book flights -- to domestic and international destinations -- on more than 200 airlines that are sold in the US. Flights can be sorted by price, departure time, arrival time or duration. Sorting is a quick and simple process and travelers can checkout easily via a single swipe.
- Rich Hotel Visuals. Upwards of 140,000 hotel properties -- literally millions of hotel rooms worldwide -- are accessible via the Expedia app. Crisp graphics illustrate every last room. Rooms can be sorted via popularity, price, deals, ratings or distance from the booker.
- Mobile-Only Hotel Deals on the Launch Screen. Upon launching the app, travelers will see deals only available on their phones. In some cities, such as Las Vegas, rooms are available for up to 60% off. Mobile-exclusive deals can also be found in search results of cities throughout the US.
Expedia has continued to make mobile a key part of its growth strategy. The Expedia hotels app was downloaded approximately 5 million times in 220 different countries and territories, and 10% of Expedia customers today are engaging in mobile.
The app is free. iPhone and Android users can download the app at www.expedia.com/app.
Expedia.com is the world's leading online travel site, helping millions of travelers per month easily plan and book travel. Expedia.com (http://www.expedia.com/, 1-800-EXPEDIA) aims to provide the latest technology and the widest selection of vacation packages, flights, hotels, rental cars, resorts, cruises and in-destination activities, attractions, services and travel apps. With the Expedia Best Price Guarantee, Expedia.com customers can get the best rates available online for all types of travel. Whether you want to relax in Cape Cod, sail in Lake Tahoe or swim in Tahiti, we know every trip and every traveler is unique and we want to help you Find Yours.
Expedia, Expedia.com and the Airplane logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Expedia, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. © 2012 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. CST # 2029030-50
Web site: http://www.expedia.com/
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher