|By PR Newswire||
|November 19, 2012 03:32 PM EST||
PLEASANTON, Calif., Nov. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Safeway (NYSE: SWY) is helping shoppers create a happier, tastier, easier and more affordable holiday by offering value and assortment along with holiday meal ideas for every occasion. Whether searching for the perfect turkey, seasonal ingredients, recipes or savings, shoppers need look no further than Safeway for all things holiday.
"We are committed to building value into every purchase for our shoppers," said Mike Minasi, president of marketing for Safeway. "We view value in terms of quality and affordability, and we have made sure that our holiday assortment this year delivers on that promise."
Safeway shoppers can save 10 to 20 percent more with just for U™, an easy to use mobile and online savings tool offering digital coupons and personalized offers. Whether shoppers are in-store, online or on the go, just for U™ will help them save more throughout the holiday season.
"The best part of the holiday meal is not the preparation, it's watching friends and family take that first bite," said Jeff Anderson, Executive Chef of the Safeway Culinary Kitchens. "Safeway offers a wide assortment of ingredients and recipes that meets every home chef's needs. We've developed some great resources to help shoppers create and enjoy a delicious meal."
Turn Up the Heat for a 2-Hour Turkey™
- The Safeway 2-Hour Turkey™ recipe uses an easy high-heat method that ensures crisp brown skin and tender, moist and juicy meat. Whether you choose a frozen, fresh, natural or organic turkey, this time-saving solution allows hosts to spend less time in the kitchen. The Safeway Chef Assistant App offers a simple step-by-step method to cook the perfect 2-Hour Turkey, along with an easy-to-use recipe timer.
Add an Element of Surprise with Unique Turkey Recipes
- Offering a twist on festive flavors, Safeway has unique recipes that are guaranteed to please any palate. Some simple yet delicious dishes can be found on the Safeway Holiday Site, such as chipotle lime, bacon-wrapped, or honey bourbon glazed turkey breast recipes – all of which pair well with any traditional side dish.
Choose the Perfect Wine Pairing
- Whether seeking white or red, shoppers can find an assortment of wines for any meal at a variety of price points. New this year, the Safeway desktop and mobile websites include an interactive Beverage Calculator to help calculate the right amount of alcohol to purchase to serve your guests, making it easy to plan any party. On average, Safeway stores carry around 900 unique wines, and some stores with wine cellars carry over 2,000.
Visit the Safeway Holiday Site or the App Store℠ to download the free Safeway Chef Assistant App. To learn more about the value and assortment available at Safeway throughout the holiday season, follow Safeway on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/Safeway, connect with Safeway on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Safeway and follow Safeway on Pinterest.
Safeway Inc. is a Fortune 100 company and one of the largest food and drug retailers in North America, based on sales. The company operates 1,644 stores in the United States and western Canada and had annual sales of $43.6 billion in 2011. The company's common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol SWY. For more information, visit www.Safeway.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher