|By PR Newswire||
|November 19, 2012 03:29 PM EST||
HOUSTON, Nov. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- The Houston SUV accident lawyers of 1800-Car-Wreck Houston discuss facts concerning SUV rollovers.
As with any motor vehicle accident, the extent of damages or injuries one will incur cannot be predicted. There are factors; however, that can lead to the prevention of accidents with regard to the actions of drivers as well as vehicle manufacturers.
Statistics outlined by agencies such as the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration show that SUVs have a higher rollover accident rate than other vehicle types. This is largely due to the design of these types of vehicles that can include a heavier weight distribution on top. Manufacturers are required to adhere to specified safety standards with regard to the design and manufacturing of these vehicles, yet there have been instances where some have failed in this area.
Although rollover prevention in an SUV accident is never a guarantee, the following are steps that can be taken to help reduce risks associated with this type of motor vehicle accident:
Drive at safe speeds – Driving at an excessive speed is a common contributor of SUV accident injury. Speeding while making sharp turns or other maneuvers in SUVs can increase the risk of rollover.
Be careful of placing heavy items on top of SUVs for transport – A number of drivers place items on top of SUVs for transport due to limited spacing in the passenger carriage. This may be unsafe, particularly in cases where it creates a significantly unequal distribution of weight on the top of vehicles, which can increase the risk of rollover.
Be careful of overcrowding in SUVs – Rollover risks can also be increased by an overcrowding of passengers inside of a vehicle due to weight distribution issues. If a vehicle is suited to hold 7 passengers, it is not recommended to attempt to fit in more.
Properly maintain vehicles – Vehicle maintenance is important to reducing SUV accident risks. Ensuring that tires and other vehicle components are regularly inspected and in working order can be a life saving decision.
The Houston SUV accident attorneys of 1800-Car-Wreck Houston are available to assist individuals who have been injured in a Houston SUV accident. Individuals may visit http://houston.1800-car-wreck.com/truck-accidents-and-related-injury-claims/facts-about-suv-accidents.html for more information about the law firm of Eberstein & Witherite or to request a free case evaluation.
SOURCE Eberstein & Witherite, LLP
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London