|By Business Wire||
|November 19, 2012 02:00 AM EST||
TransCore was selected by Amana-Walbridge Joint Venture to design, implement, and maintain through June 2017 a state-of-the-art, radio frequency identification (RFID)-based parking and car/bus terminal access control system for authorized staff of the New Doha International Airport Authority. TransCore is providing and installing the system that will be operational in mid second quarter 2013.
The New Doha International Airport (NDIA) Phase One will open in December 2012 and is four kilometers from the existing facility on a 5,400-acre site. It will replace the current Doha International Airport that currently handles 4.2 million passengers a year, and will now be able to accommodate 24 million passengers a year. When the project is complete in 2015, the airport capacity can support 50 million passengers, two million tons of cargo and 320,000 aircraft landings and take-offs each year. NDIA will also be the central maintenance hub for Qatar Airways' international fleet.
Karim Rizkallah, TransCore’s managing director for the Middle East, commented, “The New Doha International Airport will be one of Qatar’s showcase intelligent transportation systems (ITS) that provides a secure facility that operates at peak logistical capacity with optimized traffic flow in the authorized staff facility.”
TransCore and its team members are providing a spectrum of advanced technologies and systems including:
vehicle identification (AVI) tags and high performance,
open road reader hardware. TransCore’s next generation eGo®
technology, featuring lower cost, battery-free sticker tag.
- TransCore’s Encompass® 4 Readers (E4) are designed to ensure that the NDIA system can read vehicular transponders in a long range tag read, and are intended for gated parking applications.
- TransCore is also supplying the handheld Encompass 1 Reader (E1) which complements the work of the E4 readers in Taxi/Car automatic dispatch functionality required by the NDIA.
- Parking Management System. A complete parking management system with a centralized data management service, gate barriers, loop detectors, automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) cameras, and entry stations with proximity card readers.
- Taxi/ Car Management Software. A comprehensive taxi/car dispatch system which relies on TransCore’s wireless communications technology. The system provides monitoring, dispatching and virtual queuing capabilities.
- Bus Dispatch and Location System. A low cost in-vehicle real time GPS tracking and Mobile Data Terminal (MDT) incorporating the Web-based Next-Shuttle Software product. This includes a user-friendly dispatching module along with daily on-time performance monitoring, automatic passenger counting, and other real-time reporting data. This system also includes onboard display and announcement systems and a texting service option
The system will also include CCTV cameras for the purpose of real-time surveillance and security enforcement.
Additional advanced capabilities of the system include real-time alerts based on RFID and/or ANPR validation to security personnel; automated carpark control using a combination of RFID, ANPR and Proximity cards with remote video intercom; fully redundant fiber network infrastructure; GPS/GPRS-based automatic vehicle location identification and dispatch; a bus priority system using RFID technology; and ramp-metering traffic management for the Airside bus terminal.
TransCore ITS has a 75-year heritage supporting the transportation industry that spans the development of RFID transportation applications at Los Alamos National Labs to implementation of the nation's first electronic toll collection system. The breadth of the company’s expertise includes traffic management systems, intelligent transportation systems, systems integration, design consulting, operations and maintenance. TransCore ITS has installations in 46 countries and a vast portfolio of intellectual property. In 2012, Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranked TransCore ITS No. 140 out of the Top 500 Design Firms. Also in June of this year, TransCore ITS and industry leading team members were honored to receive the most Outstanding ITS Project of the year by ITS New York for Manhattan’s Midtown in Motion. For more information, visit www.transcore.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks