|By PR Newswire||
|November 19, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
ESPOO, Finland, November 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Picosun Oy, leading Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD) equipment manufacturer expands its product portfolio by introducing new, innovative Picosun™ roll-to-roll ALD coating system (patent pending).
The demand for continuous ALD processing stems from the fields of flexible, printed electronics, OLED lighting, third generation thin film photovoltaic devices, high energy density thin film batteries, smart textiles, organic sensors, organic/recyclable packaging materials, and flexible displays, to name a few. The printed electronics market alone has been estimated to increase 4-fold in the next five years alone, and well over 20-fold in the next 15 years. The key challenge in printed electronics is to find a flexible, reliable, and low-cost encapsulation material to protect the sensitive devices from ambient atmosphere (moisture, gases, impurities) to extend their lifetime and ALD oxides, namely aluminium and titanium oxides have shown excellent performance in this. Thus, printed electronics is definitely one of the most promising near future application areas for ALD.
"Our product portfolio is famous for its unparalleled versatility and ALD process quality, proven in demanding daily use by production customers on three continents. Every time Picosun has introduced a new product, it has become technically the best solution and also a commercial success. Our novel, revolutionary continuous ALD technology proves this rule once again and is already the most highly requested and welcomed addition to our capabilities as the leading provider of ALD technology," summarizes Juhana Kostamo, Managing Director of Picosun.
Picosun Oy is a Finland-based, world-wide operating manufacturer of state-of-the-art ALD systems, representing continuity to almost four decades of pioneering, exclusive and groundbreaking ALD reactor design and manufacturing. Picosun's global headquarters are located in Espoo, Finland, its production facilities in Kirkkonummi, Finland, US headquarters in Detroit, Michigan, and its Asian headquarters in Singapore. Today, PICOSUN™ ALD systems are in daily production and R&D use in numerous prominent industries and research organizations across four continents.
Juhana Kostamo, Managing Director (email firstname.lastname@example.org; tel. +358-50-321-1955)
SOURCE Picosun Oy
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London