|By PR Newswire||
|November 18, 2012 10:30 PM EST||
- New manufacturing facility in Chakan, Pune will complement sales offices in major automotive hubs
ACTON, Massachusetts, Nov. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Haartz Corporation, a leading global manufacturer of soft interior trim and convertible top material, entered the Indian market by forming Haartz Automotive India PVT. LTD. in 2011. With the cooperation of the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC), a planning authority for the development of industrial areas in the state of Maharashtra, they are currently setting up a manufacturing facility in Chakan, Pune to complement existing sales offices in Gurgaon (Delhi) and Hinjewadi (Pune), which are major automotive hubs in India.
"We realize the automotive industry in India, as well as the rest of Southeast Asia, is one of the fastest growing segments in the world," said Samit Sadavarte, director and general manager at Haartz Automotive India PVT. LTD. "This new manufacturing facility solidifies our commitment to this emerging market."
In early 2011, Haartz launched its first automotive interior program for the Mahindra XUV500, which is now a huge success in India, demonstrating the growing importance of soft interior trim for this market.
Construction for the new facilities will begin in late 2012 and will take approximately one year to complete. The production facility will be nearly 50,000 square feet and will produce engineered coated substrates for automotive interior and exterior applications. Upon completion, Haartz expects to hire between 60 and 90 employees at the facility.
About The Haartz Corporation
The Haartz Corporation (Haartz) is the leading manufacturer of convertible topping for automakers across the globe. In addition to convertible and sport-utility topping, Haartz supplies automotive exterior trim including laminates for truck tonneau covers, tire- and nose-covers, and the recently introduced DefenZall™ paint protection film. Haartz also offers a full portfolio of automotive interior trim including moldable coverstocks for door panels, instrument panels and console lids, along with a line of artificial leather for seating, door panel and shift-boot applications.
Haartz has been a trusted automotive supplier since 1907, and continues to be privately owned and operated by the Haartz family. The company's headquarters in Acton, Mass., is also home to its North American manufacturing operations. Along with European manufacturing in Mannheim, Germany, Haartz maintains a global presence with sales offices in Detroit, Munich, Tokyo, Delhi, Pune and Beijing, employing over 400 people worldwide. For more information, visit www.haartz.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher