|By Marketwired .||
|November 18, 2012 01:00 PM EST||
HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/18/12 -- Today, Public Safety Minister Vic Toews underscored the Government of Canada's commitment to cyber security at the 2012 Halifax International Security Forum, an annual forum that brings together international leaders in the area of security and defence to discuss global security challenges.
Minister Toews highlighted the Government of Canada's ongoing work with allies to defend against shared threats and strengthen the vital cyber systems that underpin Canada's national security, public safety and economic prosperity.
"Canada and many others continue to search for the best way to secure our networks while still benefiting from the innovation and growth made possible by cyberspace," said Minister Toews. "Through Canada's Cyber Security Strategy, the Government of Canada is working to find this balance by engaging the private sector, national and international partners, and ordinary Canadians, with a goal to create a robust cyberspace that is both secure and prosperous for all."
The Halifax International Security Forum also examined the broader issue of shared responses to broader national security concerns and, specifically, approaches to global counter-terrorism.
"Our Government recognizes that security from all threats, including cyber threats, is a global issue, and we treat it as such. We're working closely with our partners and allies to ensure we progress together towards enhanced, shared security," added Minister Toews.
Canada's Cyber Security Strategy, launched in 2010, aims to secure Government of Canada systems, enhance partnerships with industry and other governments to protect vital systems, and help Canadians keep their personal information safe and secure. Get Cyber Safe, a key component of the Cyber Security Strategy, is Canada's national public awareness campaign created to educate Canadians about Internet security and the simple steps individuals can take to protect themselves online.
For more information, please visit the website www.publicsafety.gc.ca.
Director of Communications
Office of the Minister of Public Safety
Public Safety Canada
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks