|By PR Newswire||
|November 18, 2012 12:01 AM EST||
WASHINGTON, Nov. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Following is the daily "Profile America" feature from the U.S. Census Bureau:
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 18: FINAL 2012 NASCAR RACE
Profile America — November 18th. The final race of the NASCAR season will be run today in Homestead, Florida. The race will also be the last in this year's "Chase for the Cup," determining who will end up as the season champion. The season began 35 races ago in February with the Daytona 500. NASCAR was started in 1948 by Bill France, and the France family still owns and operates it as a business venture. NASCAR is second only to the NFL in terms of sports franchise television ratings. Across the U.S., there are 510 auto race tracks, which generate more than $2 billion in revenue each year. You can find current data on the country's economy — on the go — by downloading the new "America's Economy" mobile application at www.census.gov/mobile.
2007 Economic Census, NAICS 7112122
Profile America is produced by the Center for New Media and Promotions of the U.S. Census Bureau. These daily features are available as produced segments, ready to air, on a monthly CD or on the Internet at http://www.census.gov (look for "Multimedia Gallery" by the "Newsroom" button).
SOURCE U.S. Census Bureau
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?