|By PR Newswire||
|November 17, 2012 10:01 PM EST||
OTTAWA, Nov. 17, 2012 /CNW/ - Folk music is an important part of our heritage and a source of pride for Canadians. The Canadian Folk Music Awards, which were first presented in 2005, reward excellence in folk music and highlight the special place that this genre occupies in our cultural heritage.
This year, the Canadian Folk Music Awards is celebrating the best in traditional music with 85 Canadian nominees in 17 categories.
Our Government recognizes the importance of the music industry, and we are proud to support our artists who help showcase our culture at home and abroad. Canada is home to more than 30,000 composers and songwriters. Our music industry enriches our lives, creates jobs, and generates economic growth. Because of the talent and creative spirit of Canadians, our country has a leading place on the international stage. We rank third in terms of exports of musical talents, and we are the world's seventh largest sound-recording market.
On behalf of Prime Minister Stephen Harper and the Government of Canada, I would like to commend all the nominees and winners of this year's Canadian Folk Music Awards.
SOURCE Canadian Heritage
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks