|By PR Newswire||
|November 17, 2012 04:13 PM EST||
LOS ANGELES, Nov. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Around the holiday season, Los Angeles is awash in a sea of Christmas lights lacing spectacular Christmas trees, which are set to be lit in a few short weeks. Yet, few places will have a Christmas tree lighting quite as unique as the one in Chinatown.
The noble fir will be designed by renowned Front Gate decorator/designer Brad Schmidt. Using influences from Chinatown's unique architecture, its vibrant colors and traditional Chinese motifs, Schmidt has designed a tree that will delight and awe visitors of all ages. From gold-emblazoned Chinese lanterns, to life-sized parasols, the Chinatown tree will be unique in every sense of the word.
Following the tree lighting, local musical groups will perform traditional and modern Christmas carols against Central Plaza's neon backdrop to create a truly magical holiday experience.
The event will be held Saturday, Dec. 1, 2012 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. in Central Plaza, 943-951 N Broadway, 90012 in the heart of Chinatown. This event is free for all ages
For more information visit www.chinatownla.com or call (213) 680-0243.
SOURCE Los Angeles Chinatown Business Council
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks