|By Marketwired .||
|November 17, 2012 10:54 AM EST||
HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/17/12 -- The Honourable Peter MacKay, Minister of National Defence, today presented General Abdul Rahim Wardak, Special Advisor to the President of Afghanistan, with an honorary degree from the Royal Military College of Canada.
"I am pleased to present the Doctor of Military Science - Honoris Causa to General Wardak," said Minister MacKay, "so that I may personally thank him for his dedicated cooperation with Canada and for his unwavering on-going commitment to building Afghanistan's security forces and supporting its development in the long term."
During Minister MacKay's bi-lateral meeting with General Wardak they discussed the progress of the Afghan National Security Forces, as well as Canada's commitment to providing financial support to the Afghan National Security Forces after the end of Canada's military mission in 2014. Their bilateral discussion reaffirmed Canada's and Afghanistan's mutual commitment to strengthening and advancing security in Afghanistan. This engagement in the security sector supports Canada's significant investments in Afghanistan, and helps to sustain progress in key areas essential to Afghanistan's future.
General Wardak also participated in this weekend's Halifax International Security Forum. The Forum, hosted by Canada's Minister of National Defence MacKay, is a prestigious international gathering that brings together key thinkers, policymakers, and practitioners from like-minded nations around the world to discuss ideas and share insights on important global security challenges.
For more information on Canada's participation in North Atlantic Treaty Organization's training mission in Afghanistan, Operation Attention, please visit: www.cjoc.forces.gc.ca/exp/attention/index-eng.asp
For more information on Canada's engagement in Afghanistan, please visit: www.afghanistan.gc.ca
Please be aware that the imagery will be available and posted within 2 hours after the event. In case of technical issues with the main gallery, the imagery can be found on this FTP link: http://www.combatcamera.ca/HISF/
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London