|By PR Newswire||
|November 16, 2012 02:33 PM EST||
HARRISBURG, Pa., Nov. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Secretary of Education Ron Tomalis today declared Duquesne City School District, Allegheny County, in financial recovery and appointed Paul B. Long as the district's chief recovery officer.
Long, 63, of Pittsburgh, is originally from McKees Rocks, Allegheny County, where he graduated from Shaler High School.
A graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy at Annapolis, Long earned a master's degree in business administration and a doctorate in education from the University of Pennsylvania.
During his military career, Long was awarded the Meritorious Service Medal and the Air Medal. He earned the rank of commander and achieved designation as a naval aviator and financial management subspecialist.
After serving 20 years in the U.S. Navy, Long began a career in school administration at the North Allegheny School District, Allegheny County.
Long then served as business administrator, acting superintendent and chief executive officer for the Pennsbury School District, Bucks County.
He is a member of the Pennsylvania Association of School Administrators and the Pennsylvania Association of School Business Officials.
Long serves as chairman of the board of the Verland Foundation, which provides education, support and residential care to 230 intellectually disabled individuals who reside in the Pittsburgh area.
"I am pleased to appoint an individual who has the experience and proven track record of stellar financial management," Tomalis said. "I am confident that Paul will be successful at devising a plan to stabilize the district's finances. His background in school finances and district administration, combined with his military experience will benefit the local community."
Media Contact: Tim Eller, 717-783-9802
SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Education
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher