|By PR Newswire||
|November 16, 2012 01:00 PM EST||
Airline inaugurates daily service on the occasion of the twin islands' 50th year of independence
CALGARY, Nov. 16, 2012 /CNW/ - WestJet today launches daily, non-stop service between Toronto and Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago. The inaugural flight from Toronto Pearson International Airport to Port of Spain departs tonight at 11:30 p.m. EST.
Following are schedule details of WestJet's new service between Toronto and Port of Spain:
Toronto - Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
|From Toronto (WS 2772)||11:30 p.m.||6 a.m.|
|From Port of Spain (WS 2773||7 a.m.||12 p.m.|
"We're very pleased to offer daily service to Trinidad and Tobago, especially as the islands celebrate the 50th anniversary of their independence," said Peter Tong, WestJet Director, Schedule and Network Planning. "We look forward to further cementing the strong ties that exist between the large Trinidadian community in Canada and their homeland. We also know that vacationers will enjoy the many events and attractions for which the islands are famous, including Carnival, the new Tourism Park 2012 and more."
"We are pleased once again to see WestJet continuing to grow their service at Toronto Pearson," said Howard Bohan, Vice President, Aviation Services for the Greater Toronto Airports Authority. "It's great that our passengers will now have additional choices when planning their upcoming vacations."
Full schedule details and affordable fares to Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, are available by visiting westjet.com, by calling WestJet's Sales Super Centre at 1-888-WESTJET (937-8538) or through your preferred travel agent.
As WestJet's 81st destination, Port of Spain joins Antigua, Curacao, Costa Rica and Manzanillo, Mexico, as part of the airline's 2012-2013 winter season offerings.
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, offering scheduled service to 81 destinations in North America, Central America and the Caribbean. Powered by an award-winning culture of care, WestJet has pioneered low-cost flying in Canada. Recognized nationally as a top employer, WestJet now has more than 8,600 WestJetters across Canada. Operating a fleet of 99 Boeing Next-Generation 737 aircraft with future confirmed deliveries for an additional 36 Boeing Next-Generation 737 aircraft through 2018 and plans to launch a low-cost regional airline in 2013, WestJet strives to be one of the five most successful international airlines in the world.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks