|By Business Wire||
|November 16, 2012 11:09 AM EST||
TELEFUNKEN SEMICONDUCTORS INTERNATIONAL (TSI) Announces Expansion of Manufacturing Capacity at its Roseville Foundry Facility.
TELEFUNKEN Semiconductors is pleased to announce the expansion of its manufacturing capacity at the Roseville, California facility. The first phase expansion plan provides for a 100% increase in wafer processing capability (to 220,000+ 8 inch wafers, or 5,500,000 mask layers per year). This expansion will make TELEFUNKEN’s Roseville facility one of the largest U.S.-based semiconductor foundry services companies in the United States.
“TELEFUNKEN Semiconductors is excited to announce the expansion of our manufacturing facility here in the U.S.,” said Roger Lee, President & CEO of TELEFUNKEN Semiconductors. “The increased capacity is the result our recent acquisition of the state-of-the-art semiconductor equipment from factories in Japan. The added tools will help us to satisfy the strong demand we are forecasting from our customers. This will move TELEFUNKEN Semiconductors into one of the top spots for specialty foundries in the Western world.” Mr. Lee further added, “Growing our capacity with advanced silicon processing tools and offering a comprehensive suite of strategic foundry services at a competitive cost is an important part of our overall corporate mission. This expansion is a testimony of our strong commitment to, and profound belief in, the high-tech manufacturing and R&D which are so critical to our overall economic eco-system. Our goal is to be a customer’s first choice for high-performance, competitive, specialized and trusted semiconductor foundry solutions.”
About TELEFUNKEN Semiconductors
TELEFUNKEN Semiconductors is a specialty analog and mixed-signal foundry services company with ISO Automotive and Industrial Class Certifications. TELEFUNKEN Semiconductors International offers state-of-the-art contract semiconductor foundry services at its world-class manufacturing locations in Roseville, California and Heilbronn, Germany. Find out where tradition and innovation meet in one place at www.telefunkensemi.com
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher