|By Dasha Zolotar||
|November 16, 2012 10:15 AM EST||
NAKIVO, Inc., a provider of affordable VM backup solutions, has announced the general availability of NAKIVO Backup & Replication v1.0 and support for Dropbox, an easy to use, cost effective offsite cloud storage for VM backups.
- NAKIVO Backup & Replication is the first to support VM backup directly to Dropbox which enables one of the most affordable VM cloud backup solutions in the market: 0.5TB of cloud storage is under $50 per month.
- In addition to backing up locally, remotely, and to Dropbox, NAKIVO Backup & Replication is the first to provide VM backup directly to Amazon EC2. With industry-leading pricing, high upload speeds, encryption, and configurable access rules, Amazon EC2 is the optimal offsite backup destination for businesses of any size.
- NAKIVO Backup & Replication is roughly ½ the price of the competition. Starting out with just $199 per socket for the Essentials edition and $399 for the Pro edition (both including 1 year of free support and upgrades to major versions), NAKIVO Backup & Replication is the most affordable VM data protection solution on the market.
- NAKIVO Backup & Replication installs in literally 60 seconds and is so simple to use that a new user can become an expert with the product in just a few minutes. The next-gen, Web 2.0 UI enables managing all aspects of data protection at any time and from anywhere, even from a tablet. NAKIVO Backup & Replication monitors protected infrastructure and VMs 24/7, notifies users of problems and changes, automatically protects new VMs, provides configurable VM prioritization and job grouping for easier management.
- Nakivo Backup & Replication stays current with latest vSphere technology including the vSphere 5.1 release and can be installed on recently released Windows 8 and Windows 2012 server. Being VM OS and storage agnostic, the product can back up any VMs to any storage.
- With changed block tracking making sure only changed data is transferred, compression that reduces the data size, direct SAN support for ultra-fast transfer speeds, and multi-threaded VM processing NAKIVO Backup & Replication is up to 40% faster than the competition.
- NAKIVO Backup & Replication supports live Exchange, Active Directory, MS SQL, Oracle, and other applications. Should any infrastructure error occur, failed operations are automatically retried multiple times and notifications are sent to the administrator. Data in the repository is stored in full synthetic mode, enabling to restore a VM from any recovery point even if other increments are lost or damaged.
- With NAKIVO Backup & Replication data travels over an SSL-encrypted tunnel secured by AES-256 encryption (approved by NIST, NSA, and FIPS), the very same type of security used by banks and military to transfer confidential data.
- NAKIVO Backup & Replication automatically de-duplicates backed up data at the block level, which dramatically reduces space utilization. On top of that, the de-duplicated blocks are compressed to ensure that the least amount of space is used. This combination results in up to 30x reduction of space required to keep backups.
- Though designed for small business, NAKIVO Backup & Replication can scale out easily and support environments with 10,000+ VMs. The product has been tested to protect 1,000+ VMs and back up/replicate between continents across half the planet.
- Out of the box, NAKIVO Backup & Replication comes in English, French, and Spanish languages.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks