|By PR Newswire||
|November 16, 2012 06:42 AM EST||
LONDON, November 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Seventh annual Young Creative Chevrolet contest is launched
- European students in fashion, photography, video and visual arts are invited to take part
- Contest theme revolves around football, the planet's most popular sport
- Chevrolet's global football sponsorships ensure high exposure for participants
Chevrolet marked the official launch of Young Creative Chevrolet (YCC) 2013, the seventh annual art and design contest for European students of applied arts. Created by Chevrolet Europe in 2007, the popular contest has steadily grown in participation and prestige. This year's creative theme "The Football Phenomenon" challenges young artists to explore the enduring popularity of this global sport, which Chevrolet now supports on an equally far-reaching level.
Susan Docherty, Chevrolet Europe President and Managing Director, explains that the timing and theme of YCC 2013 are ideal. "Through our football sponsorships, we are delighted to get closer to the game and its billions of fans around the world," Docherty says. "We believe our commitment to football and continued support of up-and-coming artists will make for a powerful and especially interesting YCC year."
A fresh look at football
The overarching theme of YCC 2013 is football: the game, its fans and the passion. Creative briefs in this year's four YCC applied arts disciplines aim to celebrate and provide unique perspectives on the phenomenon of football.
- Fashion - The assignment is to design an eye-catching, sporty outfit that captures the spirit of the ultimate football fan. The outfit will be worn to showcase a new Manchester United Special Edition Chevrolet Aveo.
- Photography - Beyond the glamour and thrill of professional football is the essence of the sport - the teamwork, the discipline, the grace under pressure. The assignment is to go back to the basics and capture an image that sheds light on football's universal appeal.
- Video - The assignment is to create an upbeat, entertaining film that explains the rules and world of football to those who do not play or follow the sport. The piece must also try to make them into fans.
- Visual Arts - The goal is to design, through the use of large-scale stickers, a Manchester United Special Edition Chevrolet Aveo, which will be exhibited at European motor shows. The sporty Aveo should be transformed into a "fan transporter" that takes avid Manchester United fans to the games.
The contest theme was inspired by Chevrolet's recently announced global sponsorships of premier-league teams Manchester United and Liverpool, as well as the One World Futbol Project, which delivers virtually indestructible footballs to children in need. The extensive marketing and media outreach surrounding these sponsorships will likely contribute to heightened exposure for YCC 2013 and its winners.
YCC grows in size and status
Young Creative Chevrolet (YCC) was launched by Chevrolet Europe in 2007 to foster creativity and support emerging artists in the early stages of their careers. The sixth year of YCC was marked by a notable jump in participation, with 280 applied arts schools from 24 European countries taking part. The growing interest in the contest may be explained not only by the attractive monetary prizes awarded both to national and European YCC winners, but also by the promise of public recognition and - in the case of European winners - exposure to creative professions through unique behind-the-scenes work experiences and, in 2012, the YCC award night itself.
For YCC 2013, a first jury selection will be made at the national level by June 2013, with a maximum of three prizes awarded per discipline. The winning entry in each discipline will advance to the European finals in July 2013. National and European YCC juries are composed of distinguished artists in related fields, as well as design experts, media professionals and senior Chevrolet officers.
School registration now open
In line with YCC guidelines, applied arts schools across Europe are invited to register online by December 31, 2012. Only students from official YCC schools may take part in what promises to be the most competitive and high-profile contest yet.
More information can be found here.
About Young Creative Chevrolet
Young Creative Chevrolet is the annual pan-European art and design contest launched by Chevrolet Europe in 2007 to foster creativity, support emerging artists in the early stages of their careers and reinforce core values of the Chevrolet brand. Every year, young artists are challenged to respond to creative briefs in selected applied arts' disciplines, such as fashion, photography, video and visual arts. With this initiative, Chevrolet Europe provides an opportunity for students not only to apply their talent, but also interact with professionals in their respective fields and present their work to a broad audience including the lifestyle media. In each participating country, a jury composed of respected artists and professionals awards a maximum of three prizes per discipline. All first-prize national winners automatically qualify for the pan-European competition, in which an international jury selects the best three projects in each discipline. In addition to monetary prizes (1st place: €4,000; 2nd place €3,000; 3rd place: €2,000), European YCC winners are offered a unique behind-the-scenes work experience with professionals in their respective disciplines. Young Creative Chevrolet has steadily grown from eight participating countries and 32 schools in 2007 to 24 countries and 280 schools in 2012. For more information on the YCC contest, please visit http://www.youngcreativechevrolet.eu or http://www.facebook.com/youngcreativechevrolet.
Chevrolet is General Motors' largest global brand with annual sales of more than four million vehicles in more than 140 countries. It is the fourth biggest global car brand in terms of sales and also one of the fastest growing brands in the world. Chevrolet cars combine bold design, performance, innovation and practicality. They provide outstanding value for money. Established in the U.S. by Swiss émigré Louis Chevrolet in 1911, the brand celebrated its centenary in 2011. The brand was re-launched in Europe in 2005. It is represented with a total of 2,500 sales and service outlets in Western and Central Europe. The European Chevrolet line-up includes the Spark city car, the small Aveo sedan and hatchback, the compact Cruze sedan and hatchback, the Orlando family van, the Captiva SUV, the legendary Camaro and Corvette sports cars and the extended-range Volt electric car. In 2012, Chevrolet is launching the Cruze station wagon and the Malibu mid-size sedan. More information on Chevrolet can be found at http://www.chevroleteurope.com or media.chevroleteurope.com.
Director, Chevrolet & Cadillac Communications, Chevrolet Europe
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks